Thread: Call from member looking for assistance

Call from member looking for assistance

I don't know if I'm putting this in the right spot, if not, maybe a moderator can move it.

I just got a call from Mike Davis, (Old N Slow) who is currently on the road between Memphis, TN and Lynchburg, TN (using a lot of highway 57) looking for help with a problem.

He's looking to see if anyone along the way can help him out with a rear shock or where he can get one for a 1985 K100RT. He's got lightweight oil leaking from what looks like the top of his shock. I know that tomorrow, they're scheduled to be in Blairsville, GA. It's all the information I have right now.

Since Mike is on the road, he's asking that you call him direct at (number removed, no longer needed) if you have suggestions or can help him out.

Thanks!
    Last edited by cehlbeck; 06-02-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Help was received, phone number removed
    Chris Ehlbeck
    BMWMOA 168990
    Chris & Donna's Motorcycle Journeys

I currently have iPhone so here's the deal. I'm sure the seal blew in the rear shock. Like chris said I'm going across tenn along the south border. K100 rt with standard rear shock. This mist be bad mojo on me for yelling at the lady on the phone two days ago! Ilearned my lesson!! If you can help I appreciate it
    Mike Davis
    "Old n Slow" It's a way of life!
    1985 K100RT

1998 R1100RT

I got a call from Mike and they were getting ready to get back on the road.

A special thanks to the "Anonymous" members who helped him. Here's an idea of good the "Anonymous Book" worked today: http://ourbmw.wordpress.com/2012/06/...r-network-but/
    Chris Ehlbeck
    BMWMOA 168990

Chris
    That is a good story. But I would like to add that you do not have to be a member of BMWMOA to help someone. Nor do you have to be in the anonymous book to help someone.
    Here is my tale of how I was helped. And there were offers of help from advrider, as well.
    dc
    http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...=765042&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by David13 View Post
    Chris
    That is a good story. But I would like to add that you do not have to be a member of BMWMOA to help someone. Nor do you have to be in the anonymous book to help someone.
    Here is my tale of how I was helped. And there were offers of help from advrider, as well.
    dc
    http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...=765042&page=1
    You're right, another way. The more the better. In this case it just happened to be the Anonymous Book that was used.
    Chris Ehlbeck
    BMWMOA 168990