Thread: Fuze custom earphones

Fuze custom earphones

I've found that off-the-shelf earphones won't stay in my ears when I put on my helmet. So, I've been using Fuze custom earphones. They come in a package with a set of earphones and two containers of a type of "putty" material. You put the bare earphones in your ear, then work the putty into your ear, around and over the earphones. After 15 minutes, you have a set of custom earphones, perfect fit for your ears.....all for less than $40.

I just ordered my second set and when I ran into a problem, the folks at Fuze were very responsive and took care of everything. Hats-off..... or maybe that should be "Helmets-off" to a company that not only makes a great product, but also takes care of their customers quickly and professionally!
    Piperjim

'95 R1100RS
    '61 John Deere 3010 LP

ozonewanderer
    I got them and I'm happy with them. I ended up ordering a second pair as well because I didn't do a good job fitting the first.

Well worth the price. They serve as both speakers and ear plugs protecting from outside noise.

Mind is not for rent
    I got mine today and did the custom-fit thing. They sound good, and the custom molds mean they'll stay in my ears. But I'm not terribly impressed with their ability at abating ambient noise. The test'll be tomorrow on the bike (think I'll take the Harley so it's nice and noisy), but I don't have high hopes. Then again, a custom set is $250, it was worth a shot at $40.

Mind is not for rent
    With 60 miles on them, I'm giving the Fuze earphones a "thumbs-down". They stayed in my ears just fine and play music well enough, but are completely unacceptable as earplugs. They'd be fine on an airplane or a train for filtering out background conversations, but they don't block nearly enough motorcycle and wind noise.

I must agree with a thumbs down on the Fuze earplugs. After a while they did not fit well and would slip out. They are a dense material and so did not greatly reduce the noise. Picked up some Klipsch S4 ear phone (ear bud type) and even when not listening to music I wear them to reduce the noise. And with music - the best sound I have ever heard.
    Patrick
    R1200 RT
    K100RS
    R90S