Thread: Instrument and GPS displays randomly go dim

Instrument and GPS displays randomly go dim

The GPS and instrument displays randomly go dim (at the same time) for a few minutes, making them unreadable during the day. Has anyone else had this problem? Seems like there is an automatic dimming circuit malfunction. Haven't contacted the dealer yet.

Dear Weissed - please refer to this thread http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60925

When posting - this will be of great benefit to those who want to answer and help and in the future to search.

Thanks
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

Alright Weissed, now that you know the rules about posting questions regarding your bike I will assume you have a K1600 GT/GTL because that is the sub-cat that you are in. I will also assume it is relatively new because they have only been out for roughly a year. In response to your question, yes I have noticed some dimming of my GPS but nothing to be concerned about. I do not notice anything with the console display though. If both dispalys are dimming to the point of not being readable I suggest you take it to your dealer and have it looked at. It is not a good thing when you can't see your instruments. Have you tried taking your GPS out of the dock and watching your console display to see if it acts up without the GPS? It would be nice to try and separate the systems to see what happens.

Rick H.