Thread: Headlight or Aux Modulators

Headlight or Aux Modulators

OK, folks, forgive me. I'm sure this subject has been beaten to death, but I have a slightly different question:

YEARS ago I had a headlight modulator that "twinkled." It didn't pulse, and it's modulation pace or frequency was much to fast to be called pulsing. But it twinkled, with a barely perceptible frequency that caught the eye's attention but didn't offend. Anybody out there know what I'm talkin' about? And, I think it might have been called "Starbright." Could such a thing still exist for a CANBUS BMW?

And, on a related note, another question: Has anyone ever connected a headlight modulator to auxiliary lighting, MotoLites or PIAAs?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tgrichards View Post
    OK, folks, forgive me. I'm sure this subject has been beaten to death, but I have a slightly different question:

YEARS ago I had a headlight modulator that "twinkled." It didn't pulse, and it's modulation pace or frequency was much to fast to be called pulsing. But it twinkled, with a barely perceptible frequency that caught the eye's attention but didn't offend. Anybody out there know what I'm talkin' about? And, I think it might have been called "Starbright." Could such a thing still exist for a CANBUS BMW?

And, on a related note, another question: Has anyone ever connected a headlight modulator to auxiliary lighting, MotoLites or PIAAs?

Thanks!
    Welcome to the forum! I'll move this to the Gear section for ya.
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

ExMaTprinLowerAlabama
    There are Federal DOT R&R's that specify how modulators perform now... I'm sure someone here will be glad to send you a link...