Thread: Room in Sedalia

Room in Sedalia

FOUND ROOM
    Does anyone have a lead on a decent hotel with rooms available in or near Sedalia?
    Anybody got a reservation that has decided not to go?

Would like to stay Thurs nite thru Sat. I want to attend the rally but just got a new hip 2 months ago and not sure I'll be up for camping.

Thanks
    Last edited by gofast1320; 05-27-2012 at 01:45 AM. Reason: found room

There are a number of websites designed to find rooms. I used www.expedia.com and got a room in Marshall, MO. About 30 miles north of Sedalia.

Other sites are

www.orbitz.com/Hotels
    www.kayak.com/Hotels
    www.priceline.com
    www.travelocity.com/Hotels

Good luck finding something this close to the rally. I booked rooms back in January. There were still quite a few rooms still available. The closer that it gets to rally time, the close area rooms are booked and you may need to book a room further away from Sedalia.
    Good Luck
    Russ
    BMWMOA Life Member
    AMA Life Member
    300,000 BMW miles and riding

Dont know if this helps you or not but last fall I checked with Lincoln University in Jefferson City and they were going to possibly have dorm rooms available this summer for short stays for anyone vacationing in the area. I repeat, POSSIBLY, so don't hold me to it. Its probably about 50 miles from Sedalia but is better than nothing at this late stage.

I would be leary of the travel websites at this point as they are known to overbook and you dont want to get there and find there are no rooms. I have had my reservation at the Holiday Inn since last September that I booked directly with H/I and I call the hotel every month just to make sure it is still valid. The front desk girl there now knows me so I am pretty confident my reservation will be ok.

Lincoln University
    Office of Residential Life
    573-681-5478
    8am-5pm M-F

Just got mine this week in Jefferson city. 60 miles away fwiw. (didnt try to get any closer)

I know a guy who rides into town every year and gets a room without a problem. There are always last-minute cancellations.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

room

I'm good now. Thanks to all for replies

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I know a guy who rides into town every year and gets a room without a problem. There are always last-minute cancellations.
    Great

Innkeeper

Overbooking

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
    Dont know if this helps you or not but last fall I checked with Lincoln University in Jefferson City and they were going to possibly have dorm rooms available this summer for short stays for anyone vacationing in the area. I repeat, POSSIBLY, so don't hold me to it. Its probably about 50 miles from Sedalia but is better than nothing at this late stage.

I would be leary of the travel websites at this point as they are known to overbook and you dont want to get there and find there are no rooms. I have had my reservation at the Holiday Inn since last September that I booked directly with H/I and I call the hotel every month just to make sure it is still valid. The front desk girl there now knows me so I am pretty confident my reservation will be ok.

Lincoln University
    Office of Residential Life
    573-681-5478
    8am-5pm M-F
    Travel websites do not overbook. It is the hotel/motel/campground that has the responsibility to notify their travel channels when they are booked and then close out the property. Should a property fail to do this the outside travel agencies are likely to drop that property.
    As a hotel owner it is my responsibility (when I screw up) to find comparable accomodations for a guest even if I have to pay more than the guest had agreed to pay for my property.
    SO. . . .When a hotel blames it on their travel agents; Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, etc - they are just BS ing you.

Club President

Hotel rooms

I went thru expedia today and got a room in Sedalia. There will be cancellations between now and July. Go with a booking agent.

just cancelled my marshall, mo room as i found one in sedalia as well.
    RideTN
    W Tenn
    2012 r1200rt

Verify directly with the Motel...

I SUGGEST you contact the motel direct to confirm ALL reservations made online. Already, TOO many folks have found even though they booked through an online service, the motel does not have a room booked for them.

Local rooms will become available from now until the rally. It happens every year. Again I suggest you confirm ALL reservations directly with the motel.

See you all in Sedalia for some Howlin' at the Moon!
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)