Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ABS repair - we found someone who is doing it!

+1 for the post, each year lots of electronic parts are tossed as unfixable at great expense to their owners
    Great to find a repair station, be advised thought most shops would rather purchase new parts for liability reasons

Great post! Hopefully, I will never need it. If I do, I hope I can find this post again.

Go on this companies web site...www.modulemaster.com amazing the stuff they recondition for cars besides ABS, instrument clusters,climate control modules...etc. ...and all reasonably priced.. Also gives you step by step troubleshooting and repair info for your car ABS !!

Just talked to a buddy who is into BMW cars, he had them rebuild his ABS unit for a 5 series car $200 and a five day turn around vs $1200 for new part including instal. Car guys have been very happy with the company and their prices. To bad they don't rebuild final drives

any one send their units out to module master?

Quote Originally Posted by 23217 View Post
    Great post! Hopefully, I will never need it. If I do, I hope I can find this post again.
    BTW I added ABS, ABS repair and ABS rebuild to the "tag" cloud so it should be easier.....Here's hoping no one needs it
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Just found this thread, and good info to have. I'd heard about this guy, and now I won't have to do a bunch of searching.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Quote Originally Posted by 23217 View Post
    I take posts like this and use the Thread Tools to subscribe to the thread. That way, you always have it listed in your subscribed threads and can find it.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '05 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

I just noticed the firm is officially advertising they can repair our ABS II for $350.

Plus they give you a five year warranty!

http://modulemaster.com/store/produc...S-Rebuild.html

I will be using them this year on my k1200rs.

Talked to Tyler at www.modulemaster.com he said they were getting in a lot of units to fix. Although they are sourcing parts for all the different variants of BMW ABS systems they can still use donor units and are even willing to pay for them ! Just e-mail Tyler at tyler@modulemaster.com and tell him what you have...If so inclined you can donate them also...I know a couple of other people have. They module master pass the savings along...pretty reasonable and a 5 year warranty!!!

My unit was repaired and is being shipped back to me via USPS priority mail

Modula Master was true to their word. It was completed in three days and at the quoted price on their web site. Will report back after installation and check out.

I have ABSII now!

The folks at module master repaired my unit and returned in in first class condition. Unit looks brand new. Installed it and rode several hundred miles. Not an ounce of problems!

A very happy customer!

Looks like they only cover bikes from 1994- 2001.
    keep it light enough to travel.....
    '04 R1150RT
    '81 Honda CB650 Custom

Call them... He does them all!!!

Tyler quoted me $150 for fixing the brushes in the motor of my 2007 RT ABS unit. Good deal!!!
    2007 R1200RT