Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where are the new K1300Ses?

Fender may be same as HP, which is carbon...sweet! The pillion seat cowl may be as well

And look at the footpegs...look round now.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    And look at the footpegs...look round now.
    The rearsets are another HP option.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Are these more better than the 1200s?
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

On a Ride
    Rinty... In terms of specs, the K13S has 4 more HP and 4 more lbs. There are some small refinements with the K13S. Some prefer the slightly more characterful snarl and rawness to the K12S. There's also a more 3D look to the K12S versus the slabbier K13S. But the despite the preceding, the bikes are essentially 90%+ the same. Given the song one can pick up a fine K12S for, one must really want the K13S to buy one. Both are spectacular bikes imo.

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
    Rinty... In terms of specs, the K13S has 4 more HP and 4 more lbs. There are some small refinements with the K13S. Some prefer the slightly more characterful snarl and rawness to the K12S. There's also a more 3D look to the K12S versus the slabbier K13S. But the despite the preceding, the bikes are essentially 90%+ the same. Given the song one can pick up a fine K12S for, one must really want the K13S to buy one. Both are spectacular bikes imo.
    Speaking of K12s for a song, a guy is selling my Grey '06 for me and is such a bargain I'm temped to buy it.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

On a Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by cjack View Post
    Speaking of K12s for a song, a guy is selling my Grey '06 for me and is such a bargain I'm temped to buy it.
    Do it!

Plus it's the finest/sleekest KS color ever, along with those silver wheels. There was one at a recent rally I went to. It stood out from so many other bikes. Well, in my biased opinion. Two reasons I still ride this bike... 1). The resale market is so poor with this bike, might as well keep it, and 2). It is on the short list of favorite bikes owned ever, so it is easy to "might as well keep it". A bracketed HDR rendering on Squaw Pass...

Quote Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
    Do it!

Plus it's the finest/sleekest KS color ever, along with those silver wheels. There was one at a recent rally I went to. It stood out from so many other bikes. Well, in my biased opinion. Two reasons I still ride this bike... 1). The resale market is so poor with this bike, might as well keep it, and 2). It is on the short list of favorite bikes owned ever, so it is easy to "might as well keep it". A bracketed HDR rendering on Squaw Pass...

It also has that extra umphh when you roll it on...unlike my '08 S that just doesn't quite create that feeling.
    My other bike is a BMW.

jlewis50
    Most dealers have discontinued all of the k1300 models. Dealer in Daytona told me they are dust collectors. Evidently the R bikes really out sell the 1300 models. He also stated the 1000rr is a hot seller. Of course the 1600 gets all the biz now

Quote Originally Posted by jlewis50 View Post
    Most dealers have discontinued all of the k1300 models. Dealer in Daytona told me they are dust collectors. Evidently the R bikes really out sell the 1300 models. He also stated the 1000rr is a hot seller. Of course the 1600 gets all the biz now
    Since I first posted, I bought an R1200GS Rallye in June. Like it very much and riding for the first time with "long" handlebars in 39 years. I have yet to ride my '08 K12S since I got it...I would probably like it more
    What I like about the GS is that I can carry the kitchen sink if I want to...quite a departure from the S.
    My dealer, Sportland in Urbana, IL, has a K13S in stock and has sold a couple since Summer, but I haven't decided what to do about a new K13S yet since I just bought a new bike.
    My other bike is a BMW.