Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Couple of Pennsylvania Route Maps

A Couple of Pennsylvania Route Maps

I've gotten in over 40K in Central and Southern Pennsylvania in the past 2 1/2 years, so wanted to toss out a few of my favorite rides.

Map 1

Map 2

I'm not seeing any highlighted routes, maybe my colorblindness got worse........
    john1691
    2006 KTM 950 Super Moto

It takes a few seconds for the routes to pop up on the map.

Maybe it's my computer, waited over a minute, nothing. I'm just east of you in Elizabethtown, always looking for new rides so was curious what you had posted.
    john1691
    2006 KTM 950 Super Moto

Hmmmm. I don't know why the lines aren't showing.

As soon as I clicked to reload the page the routes came up fine.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Some of my favorites in there too, mainly map 2, LOTS of smaller technical roads too that are not in there.

That area of PA has a LOT of nice paved small stuff.

A few from the other direction.

Bloomsburg to Port Clinton, the home of Hermys' BMW and the start of the Dutch Borderlands.

This route offers a small taste of the coal region along twisty Route 339, which offers impressive rural vistas viewing farmland, woods and takes you through some charming hollows.The back road through Tuscaroa and the Lewistown Valley displays a grand view of Pennsylvania Agriculture locked in by twisty roads on each end of the valley. * Please be careful if there is a blade of dried grass on the road way and the smell of fresh cut hay in the air. Observe caution into the blind corners because many a times I almost ran up a back side of a farm impliment or met a monster tractor tire in my lane, and they do not move as fast as a BMW. This route is so rural it seems only the locals use it, thus offering great peg sraping experience rated G for G forces. There is an impressive Dairy Bar along the way if you need a break in the action.

View Larger Map

This is a twisty way to or from Route 84. It features back country roads cutting through the forest and travels near some secluded housing developments, ponds, lakes, streams and summer camps. Importantly one misses the Scranton / Wilkes-Barre metro center and the interstates. This route may take you further south but its intent was to take you on Buck Mountain Road that is a technical auto hill climb road. There is a nice detour if you wish to ride into a huge dam if the water level is low enough. The Francis Walter Dam feeds the Lehigh River and supports the white water rafting industry. To shorten the route just go through Freeland-Drums and into the valley linking with the roads leading to Bloomsburg.

View Larger Map
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

BOKRIJDER
    The State Game Lands noted on the map brings up an important point for out of state GS riders. These Game Lands are scattered through out the state, but don't even think about riding on them. With but very few exceptions, OHVs are forbidden. The rule is strictly enforced.

Bokrijder

Quote Originally Posted by Bokrijder View Post
    The State Game Lands noted on the map brings up an important point for out of state GS riders. These Game Lands are scattered through out the state, but don't even think about riding on them. With but very few exceptions, OHVs are forbidden. The rule is strictly enforced.

Bokrijder
    Shhhhhhhhhhh! Remember that Pennsylvania has a serious state budget deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokrijder View Post

Bokrijder
    In addition, a number of unpaved roads are private access roads. If the road isn't marked on the state roads map, it's best to assume it's private and not for public use.

There's no need to have an angry encounter with a landowner during your visit.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Greetings
    Any one up for a ride this weekend from the fairgrounds gate around rt339 and rt125, this coming weekend?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Tony
    We're not here for a long time
    We're here for a good time HUEY LEWIS

2007 R1200RT, 2003 F650CS

I have taken many trips up to Wellsboro with its great Penn-Wells and Wellsboro Diner, the roads south, south east and south west (especially 144 from Bellefonte straight up to Galeton, 44 and 414!) are some of my all time favorites. I am thinking about heading up to Wellsboro on Tuesday via highways to 144, then heading south arriving at the Rally on Wednesday doing 287 to 414 then a nice ride all the way in on 44. Something like this

View Larger Map
    Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

On the road to nowhere aphillips66's Avatar

Thumbs up Route 144

I once rode route 144 on the way home from a BRP trip. I think I now have a plan to travel that road once again. It was a very enjoyable ride along 144. I was the only traffic.