Thread: Kisan Modulator

ExMaTprinLowerAlabama

Exclamation Kisan Modulator

Well I bought the unit, install was easy/straightforward. Only one problem- no lights! Must be a bad unit... poor ground? ...and yes you CAN put the plug in upside down... but I didn't.. ...and yes I bought the BMW RT specific unit: P115W-A6-Z. I purchased it through spoiledbiker.com. I'll let you know how their customer service is...
    Last edited by Herr_Eugen; 05-14-2012 at 09:08 PM.

If that's the model that goes on the 6 wire connector at the rear of the headlamp housig...

The connector on the Kisan is neither the same nor a spade size match to the factory one and may not be making a connection. Remove a rear lamp cover and reach inside the housing, putting some support on the rear of the bike connector, then push the Kisan on and see if it will work.

You are not the first person to have a problem...

3. 05-14-2012, 08:12 PM
    Reason
    served it's purpose

ExMaTprinLowerAlabama
    The unit seats well and although it does not have a locking fitting it is a very deep and "tight" friction fit. When I turn the key on a get a very brief flash out of the parking lights, then nothing... No low beams, hi beam or parking lights... I have spoken to the folks at spoiled biker and I'm optimistic I'll have a replacement shortly...

Ed Kilner #176066
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr_Eugen View Post
    The unit seats well and although it does not have a locking fitting it is a very deep and "tight" friction fit. When I turn the key on a get a very brief flash out of the parking lights, then nothing... No low beams, hi beam or parking lights... I have spoken to the folks at spoiled biker and I'm optimistic I'll have a replacement shortly...
    Sounds like the CANBUS thinks there is a short circuit and quickly turns off the current.
    Ed
    2011 R1200RT Thunder Gray Metallic; 2000 Triumph 900(sold)
    http://triumphantsblog.blogspot.ca/

6. 05-15-2012, 02:59 AM

Reason
    My post was for taillights, not headlight. Sorry

I believe The OP's question is regarding the headlight, not the rear lights.

You did start the bike, didn't you?

The flash is normal at key on. You won't get full lights until you start the engine.

ExMaTprinLowerAlabama
    I'm still "cautiously optimistic" but Kisan definitely uses email & voice mail to full advantage screening their calls...

ExMaTprinLowerAlabama
    Well the replacement unit arrived today and alas it works fine! The first unit I had received was actually made in 2009. The new unit has a new secure fastener to plug into the "dash" socket. My only complaints are intermittent communication with Kisan... they call or email when they wish to, not to respond... and the mailer they provided for the defective unit was NOT postpaid. I'll survive, if it lasts now I'll be a happy customer...