Thread: Care to guess how many are in the early bird drawing

Care to guess how many are in the early bird drawing

If they are giving away 6 prizes as the early bird drawing and 5 people and myself were in, I wouldn't get my ticket drawn. So will they release the # of folks who got in the early bird drawing part I am going to say 3853 bought in for the early bird. What do you think

Last I saw was around 4000 as of last Friday
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)

Quote Originally Posted by Eschwab855 View Post
    If they are giving away 6 prizes as the early bird drawing and 5 people and myself were in, I wouldn't get my ticket drawn. So will they release the # of folks who got in the early bird drawing part I am going to say 3853 bought in for the early bird. What do you think
    With that kind of confidence you could be a champion Russian Roulette player.
    Mike Marr
    1978 Yamaha XS750 (Needs rings), 1996 BMW R1100RS, 2004 Honda CRF230F

What happens if they dont sell the set number they said they have to sell to hold the drawings in the first place do they take back the early bird prizes as well. That would suck huh

It doesn't matter since I believe in the power of positive thinking and I'm positive there will only be one Early Bird Winner.....ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Eschwab855 View Post
    What happens if they dont sell the set number they said they have to sell to hold the drawings in the first place do they take back the early bird prizes as well. That would suck huh
    The minimum ticket rule has been removed. All the prizes, including the early bird drawing, will be awarded regardless of the number of tickets sold. In other words, "IT'S ON!"

Good luck to everyone. Looking forward to calling our first winner on May 11!
    Ted Moyer
    '09 G450X, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350

Quote Originally Posted by t2moyer View Post
    The minimum ticket rule has been removed. All the prizes, including the early bird drawing, will be awarded regardless of the number of tickets sold. In other words, "IT'S ON!"

Good luck to everyone. Looking forward to calling our first winner on May 11!
    Should I give you my phone # again, incase it's not legible on my ticket?
    Karen Jacobs
    2012 R 1200 RT
    MOA-133005, RA32109, IBA #37923

I eagerly await your call, Ted!
    Greg
    2011 R1200RT
    Harleysville PA

Still tallying the final number for the Early Bird drawing, but it appears to be just under 5,000 in the pool for the R1200GS. The drawing will be at noon on Friday, May 11, and we are making plans to webcast the drawing from the MOA office.

After next Friday, the push is on to July 20th and the Friday Night Superstakes Street Party. This week has been full of preparation for the big event. 61 prize drawings, 11 motorcycles, 50 second place prizes, John Michael Montgomery and the Fabulous Thunderbirds. Should be quite a night.

Good luck to everyone next Friday. If the caller id says BMW MOA, answer the phone!
    Ted Moyer

Hooligan
    Ted, what if one is busy on the phone and cannot pick up right away? Would there be a message left?

Quote Originally Posted by aviator View Post
    Ted, what if one is busy on the phone and cannot pick up right away? Would there be a message left?
    In that case we show up at your door like Publisher's Clearing house. Of course, I will need to ride the bike over and it might take me a while to find your address. .
    Ted Moyer

Hooligan
    In that case we show up at your door like Publisher's Clearing house. Of course, I will need to ride the bike over and it might take me a while to find your address. .

Purely as a test ride, as I'm sure you'd feel terrible if you didn't check it all over for me first...!

[QUOTE=t2moyer;777049]Still tallying the final number for the Early Bird drawing, but it appears to be just under 5,000 in the pool for the R1200GS. The drawing will be at noon on Friday, May 11, and we are making plans to webcast the drawing from the MOA office.

I'm within driving distance... See you Friday night. Well, maybe. Mac
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

It really does not matter how many people are in the Early Bird Drawing, as long as you pull MY ticket number. I took the day off and hope to be watching on the web cast!
    Keep the rubber side down!!
    1986 R 80 RS
    1992 R 100 R
    BMW MOA Life member; Ironbutt Member; Airhead Member