Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 77

Thread: The Sedalia 1000

  1. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks very much, Rob. Glad to hear things are still a go!
    Smile and wave, boys...smile and wave
    2009 R1200RT

  2. #47
    Western NY Rider drubery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    154
    Hoping the Morton's Ride just posted is not replacing this one... Fredericksburg adds quite a few more miles and time I do not have.
    2013 BMW K1600GT - Montego Blue Metallic (On order!)
    2007 BMW K1200GT - Graphite (in transition)
    2004 R1150RS - Pacific Blue (sold )
    Dennis BMWMOA 150423 FingerLakes BMW Club 396 IBA 50178

  3. #48
    Itinerant Traveler
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by drubery View Post
    Hoping the Morton's Ride just posted is not replacing this one... Fredericksburg adds quite a few more miles and time I do not have.
    Not at all, we're just offering another opportunity to do a SaddleSore 1000 to Sedalia from a bit farther south. We're not looking to take anyone away from the ride Rob has organized.

    Steve Anderson
    Sales & Marketing Manager
    Morton's BMW Motorcycles
    Fredericksburg, Virginia
    540-891-9844
    steve@mortonsbmw.com
    www.mortonsbmw.com

  4. #49
    Western NY Rider drubery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    154
    Steve, thanks for that and thanks to Morton's. Hopefully that will just add to the fun at the pizza party! -Dennis
    2013 BMW K1600GT - Montego Blue Metallic (On order!)
    2007 BMW K1200GT - Graphite (in transition)
    2004 R1150RS - Pacific Blue (sold )
    Dennis BMWMOA 150423 FingerLakes BMW Club 396 IBA 50178

  5. #50
    Western NY Rider drubery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    154
    Looks like it is official: http://www.ironbutt.com/moa/

    -Dennis
    2013 BMW K1600GT - Montego Blue Metallic (On order!)
    2007 BMW K1200GT - Graphite (in transition)
    2004 R1150RS - Pacific Blue (sold )
    Dennis BMWMOA 150423 FingerLakes BMW Club 396 IBA 50178

  6. #51
    Registered User tourunigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    3,282
    Great. I wanted to ask this question but could not find a place on the IBA site to ask it. Question: I will be riding two up and want Mary (my co-pilot etc) to be id'd on the certification as well. What will this cost? I know the $60 part but I remain unclear on the two up recognition. Can anyone point me in the correct direction on this point? Thanks. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

  7. #52
    Motorsickle Rider brisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    De Soto, KS
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by tourunigo View Post
    Great. I wanted to ask this question but could not find a place on the IBA site to ask it. Question: I will be riding two up and want Mary (my co-pilot etc) to be id'd on the certification as well. What will this cost? I know the $60 part but I remain unclear on the two up recognition. Can anyone point me in the correct direction on this point? Thanks. - Bob

    From this page:

    You may also complete the ride two-up (with one person doing the piloting, the other being a passenger the entire distance - you may not share piloting duties!). In these cases, the Iron Butt Association issues one certificate, with both rider and passenger on it, but we provide two copies of it; one for the rider and one for the passenger. There is NO additional charge for a passenger, however, if they would like a pin or plate frame, you will need to add that in on the fee schedule page.
    Kansas. Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...
    '09 R1200RT
    N0PGH
    Iron Butt Assoc. #47865

  8. #53
    Western NY Rider drubery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    154
    Rather than sending in the documentation, do we just turn in the documentation in Sedalia?
    2013 BMW K1600GT - Montego Blue Metallic (On order!)
    2007 BMW K1200GT - Graphite (in transition)
    2004 R1150RS - Pacific Blue (sold )
    Dennis BMWMOA 150423 FingerLakes BMW Club 396 IBA 50178

  9. #54
    Registered User _Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    17
    Will these be the required witness and log forms http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/ss1000.pdf for this ride?

    Mark

    A conclusion is pretty much the place where you got tired of thinking ...
    2000 R1100RT
    IBA #46320

  10. #55
    Registered User tourunigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    3,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    From this page:

    You may also complete the ride two-up (with one person doing the piloting, the other being a passenger the entire distance - you may not share piloting duties!). In these cases, the Iron Butt Association issues one certificate, with both rider and passenger on it, but we provide two copies of it; one for the rider and one for the passenger. There is NO additional charge for a passenger, however, if they would like a pin or plate frame, you will need to add that in on the fee schedule page.
    Excellent explanation. Thank you. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

  11. #56
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by drubery View Post
    Rather than sending in the documentation, do we just turn in the documentation in Sedalia?
    Greetings,

    Documentation is simple!

    First, obtain a start receipt. This must be computer generated and include the city, state, time and date. The city must be the same as the one you selected when you registered.

    Second, depending on which route you have selected obtain computer generated receipts as required.

    Third, obtain a computer generated receipt in Sedalia to stop the clock.

    Fourth, bring the receipts and your smiling mug to the IBA desk which will likely be located near the Country Store. Have your bike handy so someone can verify your odometer and you're all done!

    Sit back, relax and get ready to enjoy some pizza while you get your certificate.

  12. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FOCO (Northern Colorado)
    Posts
    8
    I'll be doing the Denver route. Can the start city be one of the many suburbs of Denver? Within a specific distance (obviously still completing the 1000 miles)? I live about 60 miles North and could drive to Denver for the start but would rather start here and be 60 miles ahead.

    Thanks

  13. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    24

    Date change

    Rob,

    First, congratulations on your change of status, next, I registered with a start date of July 14 from SLC. I'm actually starting on July 17. I'm assuming that it doesn't make any difference since I'm still starting in SLC. But I just wanted to make sure.

    Thanks...see you in MO
    Ellen
    2009 F650GS Twin- loving it!
    IBA Premier member #44055

  14. #59
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by EllenR View Post
    Rob,

    First, congratulations on your change of status, next, I registered with a start date of July 14 from SLC. I'm actually starting on July 17. I'm assuming that it doesn't make any difference since I'm still starting in SLC. But I just wanted to make sure.

    Thanks...see you in MO
    Hey thanks for the props! We wanted to be sure we'd be able to flee the scene in the hack so we had our favorite dealer in the house.



    Don't worry about the start date change. The only issue is the start location, that can't change.

  15. #60
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Nye View Post
    Hey thanks for the props! We wanted to be sure we'd be able to flee the scene in the hack so we had our favorite dealer in the house.

    where's the "Like" button on this thing?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •