Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Rally Location

Quote Originally Posted by xp8103 View Post
    How about we just announce 2014 now so I can start planning??
    If'n I 'member correctly, that new fangled rotation will put 2014 on the East Coast.
    Good.
    As soon as it's too far for me to go I get to go to Alaska!
    1985 R80RT/ 2002 R1150GSA
    IBA # 44032

I believe the new rotation is scheduled:
    --> 2013 West
    --> 2014 Midwest
    --> 2015 Mountains
    --> 2016 East
    ... ... repeat ... ...

It's also important to note that sometimes, unexpected things happen and regions might get shuffled due to ... *SURPRISE!* ... complications.

But generally speaking, the rally site selection committee makes every effort to stick to this schedule.

Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I believe the new rotation is scheduled:
    --> 2013 West
    --> 2014 Midwest
    --> 2015 Mountains
    --> 2016 East
    ... ... repeat ... ...

It's also important to note that sometimes, unexpected things happen and regions might get shuffled due to ... *SURPRISE!* ... complications.

But generally speaking, the rally site selection committee makes every effort to stick to this schedule.

Lets make it the far Eastern side of the Midwest

North to Alaska!
    1985 R80RT/ 2002 R1150GSA
    IBA # 44032

Does California have any prospective sites? I know Oregon is nice, but CA has some great riding as well! Thinking of Paso Robles, Monterey, etc.
    John.

Salem Oregon is a great choice but a little too soon since the Redmond rally in 2010. I did a little calculating and have attached a list of the last 10 rallies plus the proposed rally in Salem Oregon.

2005 Charleston, West Virginia
    2004 Spokane Washington
    2005 Lima, Ohio
    2006 Burlington, Vermont
    2007 West Bend, Wisconsin
    2008 Gillette, Wyoming
    2009 Jefferson City, North Carolina
    2010 Redmond, Oregon
    2011 Bloomington, Pennsylvannia
    2012 Sedalia, Missouri
    2013 Salem, Oregon

East=3
    Central east=4
    Central west=1
    West=3

As you can see we are missing an opportunity to have the National in a beautiful part of the country. Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Utah, all have great places to ride and see. Sure we can ride there on the way to Salem but it would be better to have the rally in this region. Good for their economy and our riding.
    I missed Durango and Missoula which I regret and have been hoping that the rally would go back there. We must also remember that these little rallies need to be profitable so it is a fine balance but we need to have the rallies in the Central West region too.

Keep the shiny side up and ride safe!
    Attached Files Attached Files

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blblnpm View Post
    Salem Oregon is a great choice but a little too soon since the Redmond rally in 2010. I did a little calculating and have attached a list of the last 10 rallies plus the proposed rally in Salem Oregon.

2005 Charleston, West Virginia
    2004 Spokane Washington
    2005 Lima, Ohio
    2006 Burlington, Vermont
    2007 West Bend, Wisconsin
    2008 Gillette, Wyoming
    2009 Jefferson City, North Carolina
    2010 Redmond, Oregon
    2011 Bloomington, Pennsylvannia
    2012 Sedalia, Missouri
    2013 Salem, Oregon

East=3
    Central east=4
    Central west=1
    West=3

As you can see we are missing an opportunity to have the National in a beautiful part of the country. Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Utah, all have great places to ride and see. Sure we can ride there on the way to Salem but it would be better to have the rally in this region. Good for their economy and our riding.
    I missed Durango and Missoula which I regret and have been hoping that the rally would go back there. We must also remember that these little rallies need to be profitable so it is a fine balance but we need to have the rallies in the Central West region too.

Keep the shiny side up and ride safe!
    Well u messed up a few names of towns...but location is close enough...and 2003 not 2005.
    But there are some rather limiting factors with locations for 6000 rally attendees.
    BMWMotorcycles, fun when they're running...
    My other bike is a BMW.
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")

Quote Originally Posted by Rpbump View Post
    Loved every minute of the trip and will have more time in 2013 as I will retire 31/Dec/2012.
    Similar situation here. I was going to retire in June, but have now decided to stay until the end of this construction season, the end of November.

When I retire I can attend just about any rally I want to. Whether I choose the national rally will depend on what's going on, if there are family or friends close to the rally site, the weather, etc.

Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver

2009 was in Johnson City,TN not Jefferson City,NC

Quote Originally Posted by r11rs94 View Post
    Nope, was just there two years ago. It was a great rally but too soon for me. Hopefully the RA will be more central / South US
    RA Rally at the Biltmore Estate in 2013.
    Ride whatever makes you smile! Every bike has it's own issues, problems and annoyances...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Ces View Post
    When can we sign up???
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Went to the last one there. If it's there again, I will be there!
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Nothing on their web/forum about this.... wonder why this info is made mention of
    on our rally forum anyhow; sure to confuse someone. Will they be able to top
    this years poor timing ( Father's day weekend) in Colorado; with maybe....
    a Mother's Day conflict!

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    Nothing on their web/forum about this.... wonder why this info is made mention of
    on our rally forum anyhow; sure to confuse someone. Will they be able to top
    this years poor timing ( Father's day weekend) in Colorado; with maybe....
    a Mother's Day conflict!
    Inquiring minds want to know. The title of this thread is 2013 Rally location...

The RA board is pleased to announce the site of the 2013 rally. It will be held June 20-23, 2013 at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC.
    To everyone who asked "when are we going back to Biltmore?", the answer is next year.
    Great site, great riding and some surprises are in store for 2013. If you've never been to the Biltmore Estate this will be a great time to go.

Ron
    Ride whatever makes you smile! Every bike has it's own issues, problems and annoyances...

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Inquiring minds want to know. The title of this thread is 2013 Rally location...

The RA board is pleased to announce the site of the 2013 rally. It will be held June 20-23, 2013 at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC.
    To everyone who asked "when are we going back to Biltmore?", the answer is next year.
    Great site, great riding and some surprises are in store for 2013. If you've never been to the Biltmore Estate this will be a great time to go.

Ron
    This is great news for me. I am limited to 500 miles due to my wife's medical condition which prevents me from rallies west of the Mississippi. I think the RA would be smart to have their rallies on the opposite side of the country every year so those that have limits on distance can attend one or the other. The RA is able to have their rallies smaller rallies in great locations that could handle a MOA rally. My favorite RA rally was at Barber's in Birmingham followed by the rally at the Biltmore. My favorite MOA rally was Johnson City followed by Bloomsburg.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Ron
    I would suspect with the MOA being on the west coast next year that the RA can expect record braking attendance at the Biltmore.