Thread: Looking for a hack

Looking for a hack

My wife is looking for a hack for her R1200C. She likes the bike but it's just to heavy for her. We saw a sweet Hannigan at the National two years ago, but are open to suggestions.

"Enemy fighters at 2 o'clock!...Roger, What should i do until then?"

2010 r1200r, 2009 harley crossbones, 2008 triumph/sidecar, 1970 norton commando 750

I strongly suggest she find a S/TEP class and learn more about riding a hack before you make the investment. There are alot more physical aspects involved in riding a hack as opposed to holding up a heavy for her bike.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

angysdad
    Taking a course is definately a good (great) idea. Another suggestion, considering buying a rig that is already mounted.
    When I started thinking of sidecars, I purchased a '77 Honda GL1000 with California tub. It cost me around $4000. Less than the cost of purchasing a sidecar and mounting it. I bought it with the idea that I would sell it within a couple of years...either because I did not care for sidecars or to upgrade.
    There is more involved than simply bolting the tub to the tug. You will have to consider such things as frame/suspension mods. Buying a rig that is already put together can save you time and money.
    Another option, have her buy a lighter bike!
    speed safely

Not really my cup of tea, but a can-am spyder might be worth considering. Easier than a hack to learn.
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

Cool Side Car

I have a 2004 K1200gt with a Hannigan Clasic side car. We love it, the side car is my Wifes "limo" It pushes backwards easier than rolling a 2 wheel bike backwards. You don't need to wory about droping it on its side any more. Red lights are sweet too, you don't need to put your feet down at a light any more. It is NOT a motorcycle any more. It's a completely different "Animal", no more leaning. Once you get used to the handeling charictoristics its great.
    Last edited by 04gt4me; 09-02-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Tried to add picture, Unsuccessfuly
    Me Fish

Cool Our "EXCAPE MACHINE"

Pat & Diane Highland from Detroit
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Me Fish