Thread: Volume auto increase 2003 K1200LT

MERide2

Volume auto increase 2003 K1200LT

Not sure what this is actually called - sorry
    Anyway, I have a 2003 K1200LT and the comm system doesn't seem to auto adjust volume with speed as my previous 2002. Can anyone tell me what I might have to turn on or adjust etc...

I am pretty weak on this knowledge so details or pics would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by 180555 View Post
    Not sure what this is actually called - sorry
    Anyway, I have a 2003 K1200LT and the comm system doesn't seem to auto adjust volume with speed as my previous 2002. Can anyone tell me what I might have to turn on or adjust etc...

I am pretty weak on this knowledge so details or pics would be awesome. Thanks in advance!
    There is an automatic volume adjustment on one of the LT radio's submenus -- sorry, but haven't had an LT in my hands since 2007. From memory, the right uppermost button on the control panel is the button which brings up the radio adjustments, i.e., bass, treble, balance -- the auto adjust option is in this submenu if memory serves.
    Mark Neblett
    Fairfax, VA

MERide2
    Thanks I will try and look for that. I have been trying every option and menu with no luck so hopefully this works.

18055 (real name? We're friendly around here..)

Please read: http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46057 - I'm adding the info to your thread title. Hopefully more knowledgeable people will open the thread.

On your KLT - look for "GAL" setting - that's common German abbreviation for speed sensitive volume. Higher number is more of an increase.
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche