Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Time to Consider Volunteering for the Gates at Sedalia!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    George and I both 'out of town' for the next several days - he's playing on dirt trails out west - I'm tearing up twisties in the Smoky Mountains starting Thursday.

Neverthelss, please continue to volunteer your time for easy duty at the two gates that will see plenty of activity and interesting sights - great way to wet your feet as a first time Rally Volunteer!

My e-mail is: greenwald@charter.net

Still need lots more personnel.
    Well - back from a Father's Day weeked at the Tail of the Dragon and other nice roads (HWY 28!) in that area of the Smokies (As for George - not a clue where he's still ripping up dirt trails - hard to get him off a bike!).

Did the Dragon 8 times on Saturday, so that's 88 miles of 2,544 curves - in a day.

No wonder when I got back, I couldn't ride a straight line, which by the way, came in handy as on June 19th, my son and I were students in an ERC at Road America (Elkhart Lake, WI).

Back to business - getting some good response for the Main Gate, but now need volunteers for the 'other' gate - Gate 6. Though not as hectic as the main entrance, still a great place to get your feet wet as a rally volunteer. E-mail me for what shifts are available, and get signed up!

greenwald@charter.net

Thanks - Kevin Greenwald, Gates Chair
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

I'm coming in sometime later Wednesday. Could do gate duty then. I think doing the gate early is a big disadvantage. Its usually confusing the first hours, as it takes awhile to straighten things out. I'll be ready to help if you want me to.
    1der

Quote Originally Posted by 1der View Post
    I'm coming in sometime later Wednesday. Could do gate duty then. I think doing the gate early is a big disadvantage. Its usually confusing the first hours, as it takes awhile to straighten things out. I'll be ready to help if you want me to.
    1der
    Thanks. I'll be there Wednesday as well - hunt me down and we'll see where you can be put to good use.

Thumbs up

Hey gang - there are two gates that need to be staffed on the Fairgrounds.

Getting some good response for the Main Gate (#12), but lonely Gate 6 also needs staffing.

Zap me or George an e-mail and we'll share the open shifts with you - YOU pick the ones to staff and have fun with all the comings and goings of a vibrant Rally!

See you in Sedalia!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    Hey gang - there are two gates that need to be staffed on the Fairgrounds.

Getting some good response for the Main Gate (#12), but lonely Gate 6 also needs staffing.

Zap me or George an e-mail and we'll share the open shifts with you - YOU pick the ones to staff and have fun with all the comings and goings of a vibrant Rally!

See you in Sedalia!
    I'm already on for 2 shifts but if you get really stuck let me know. I'll be there by hopefully Monday afternoon.

Rapunzel

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    I'm already on for 2 shifts but if you get really stuck let me know. I'll be there by hopefully Monday afternoon.

Rapunzel
    Will do - Thanks!

While the Main Gate is getting well staffed, departing the fairgrounds thru it means you can only make a right turn, as it abuts a divided highway.

Ergo, plenty of activity will be going on at the secondary gate (#6), so looking for volunteers for that location.

Smile

For those of you who are arriving already on Wednesday morning, we're looking for some volunteers to staff gates that day as well, starting at noon.

With the main gate (#12) only allowing a right turn when exiting, don't think that staffing the 'other' gate (#6) is a consulation prize.

It will quickly become a hub of coming and going for many rally attendeees, I suspect.

So, zap me an e-mail if you're a Wednesday arrival and want to get some volunteering under your belt without any conflict with potential seminars you wish to take in later.

greenwald@charter.net

Thanks!

Smile Sort of A Final Call

For those of you who know when you're arriving in Sedalia and wish to volunteer for a specific slot for Gates Duty, now would be the time.

Towards the end of this week, both George and I will be taking off for Sedalia, so volunteering after that will need to take place at the Volunteer Booth on the rally grounds, expertly staffed by Sue Rihn and her 'Rally-Mites.'

See you in Sedalia!

Fear is the Mind Killer modarin9's Avatar

Willing to Help

My schedule has changed so I am volunteering at Registration Friday afternoon 4-8. However, if there is a need I can hopefully find some time on Friday midday.

I can maybe give you a few more hours wherever you need the help.
    Talk to you about it Thurs morning when I arrive.