Thread: SENA smh5 installed into Shoei rf1100

SENA smh5 installed into Shoei rf1100

Received the sena smh5 I ordered today. Installed into my Shoei rf1100. Connected to iPhone 4s. I'm on a 2005 f650cs.

Rode home and it works sweet. Works with Siri. Plenty of volume. I still had ear plugs in. The interface is a snap to use.

Jammin to Dire Straits. Hit the button. The three different people I called had no idea I was on a motorcycle and doing 85 down the interstate passing semi's.

Day one....so far I'm diggin it!

I love my Sena too. Besides music and phone, it's terrific for talking with my passenger on a trip. Have you tried Pandora? That's my main music source now.
    Mark M, St. Louis, '95 R1100RS, '01 Super Sherpa
    There are two roads in life; the twisty one is vastly more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinKris View Post
    Received the sena smh5 I ordered today. Installed into my Shoei rf1100. Connected to iPhone 4s. I'm on a 2005 f650cs.

Rode home and it works sweet. Works with Siri. Plenty of volume. I still had ear plugs in. The interface is a snap to use.

Jammin to Dire Straits. Hit the button. The three different people I called had no idea I was on a motorcycle and doing 85 down the interstate passing semi's.

Day one....so far I'm diggin it!
    This is some good info Kris. Many of the members have trouble getting their "com systems" to pair up and work properly.
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Update....2 months later

Still digging the smh5

I have an hour commute both ways....sounds is good. Wearing ear plugs and volume turned up only enough to hear the tunes so I can still hear what is going on around me.

I charge it once a week. I think the battery life is understated. It seems like the battery lasts forever.

Calls I receive (I rarely initiate calls) sound great. They have no idea I'm on a motorcycle.

Works well with Siri on an iPhone4s. Hit button...."play avett brothers"....tunes are in my ears!

5. 06-22-2012, 09:50 PM