Thread: New owner from SoCal

Pianomaniac1

New owner from SoCal

Hi everyone,
    New owner of a 1991 K100RS which I picked up from the wife of my long time buddy who just died last month. His wife needed the money,I wanted to help her out and got a beautiful bike to boot. What a gorgeous bike! Also have an 08 Ducati MTS which I was happy with until I got the K100RS. I already changed the engine oil,tranny and final drive. He wasn't the first owner but the bike seems to have been well cared for. The odometer just turned over 30k and I have no reason to believe it's not accurate judging by the visual and driving condition. I have 100 miles on since the oil change and the oil is still clear,so the engine must be clean inside. I have read all the flying brick posts and look forward to being here and learning from you. I'll post a couple pics when i get the chance. Thanks.
    Best regards,
    Ron

Welcome, Ron!

Sounds like a sweet ride. Read all the Flying Brick posts?? Wow, that's some task...you need to ride some more!!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Pianomaniac1
    Thanks. I read them before I got the bike, but now my hand won't fit into my glove for a while. I sliced my finger pretty badly on Thursday and had to have stitches. Just one of those dumb mistakes!

welcome

A new BMWMOA member myself, Camarillo area, welcome!
    Hope the sliced hand is doing better.

Pianomaniac1
    Camarillo,nice small town. I have a good buddy and former BMW owner who lives there. What bike do you have? Maybe we can meet up one of these days in Camarillo as I owe my buddy a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pianomaniac1 View Post
    Camarillo,nice small town. I have a good buddy and former BMW owner who lives there. What bike do you have? Maybe we can meet up one of these days in Camarillo as I owe my buddy a visit.
    Yep, sure is quiet here, took me a while to get used to

Sure, would be great to meet up. I have a 97 F650 Funduro. Will be on the road for about 6 weeks, so how about June or July when I get back. Some nice places to go from here (PCH of course, Ojai, Fillmore/Santa Paula).