Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BEWARE GTL Problems !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-NC View Post
    ...I'd sure like to know since I'm thinking of getting a 2013 GTL...
    I suggest you check out www.k1600forum.com. You'll find many owners who are very, very pleased with the GT and GTL.
    Dan

I've had my GTL for a little over a year. 15,131 miles as of today and have had none of the problems that a very small number of people have reported. This is a great bike!
    Last edited by gbeemer; 02-12-2013 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Fix sentence structure
    gbeemer
    BMWMOA #130067
    2014 BMW R1200RT

No longer a member here
    I bought a GT last year and rode it all season. Not a single problem. Not even excessive tire wear as sometimes reported. And I am riding the thing almost exclusively two-up.
    Great bike. Goldwing doesn't even come close.

BEWARE GTL Problems !!

2012 pre-order bike, 16.5k miles, best 26k I've EVER spent

A tip from a recently retired exec who is very familiar with how modern corporate "customer service" operations work.

Most firms see them as useful for marketing info. They rarely report to any part of the Operations / Production piece of an organzation so are in no position to get anything specifric done on their own authority. Virtually always, its "pass it on e responsible party" in another divsion where customer service is the lowest tihng on their daily list....

In short, you're pretty well wasting your time talking to any Customer Service group and if you want to find out the probability of them doing anything useful, find out how close they are to the Operations branch of the firm rather than Marketing.....
    Last edited by racer7; 02-13-2013 at 03:55 AM.

No longer a member here
    Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    A tip from a recently retired exec who is very familiar with how modern corporate "customer service" operations work.

Most firms see them as useful for marketing info. They rarely report to any part of the Operations / Production piece of an organzation so are in no position to get anything specifric done on their own authority. Virtually always, its "pass it on e responsible party" in another divsion where customer service is the lowest tihng on their daily list....

In short, you're pretty well wasting your time talking to any Customer Service group and if you want to find out the probability of them doing anything useful, find out how close they are to the Operations branch of the firm rather than Marketing.....
    Probably good advice and accurate comments. And how do they relate to the GT/GTL problems/reliability?

2013 1/2 model

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-NC View Post
    May I resurect this thread? What was the final outcome of your situation? Did you flip them the bird and go get a Gold Wing or are you now back in the Beemer saddle?

I'd sure like to know since I'm thinking of getting a 2013 GTL...
    Brian bmw has made two bikes for 2013 the earlier model has different passenger hand rails, different software and the location of the fog lights were changed a little. Also they put an engine guard on. So ask for the 2013 1/2 model.

Quote Originally Posted by ccudd13 View Post
    Brian bmw has made two bikes for 2013 the earlier model has different passenger hand rails, different software and the location of the fog lights were changed a little. Also they put an engine guard on. So ask for the 2013 1/2 model.
    Good to know, thanks. Come to think of it, I've seen some of the earlier 13's and the fog lights are mounted on the same ugly bar mounts sticking out from the fairing like they were an afterthought. The later versions have the same lights but they're mounted as a more intergrated part of the fairing and has a shroud over them. I think it looks a lot better.
    Brian-NC
    (Matthews)
    Current bike
    2010 RT Ostra Grey