Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Former/Current HD Riders

rio... your thoughts on that "springer". I drove one years ago, but it was attached to a '47 FL.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

2009 hd crossbones

Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    rio... your thoughts on that "springer". I drove one years ago, but it was attached to a '47 FL.
    took it out to dayton, ohio from eastern long island several times (750 miles each way non stop) to see the grandkids. no problems at all.. 42 mpg @ 70mph or so..

(did get rid of the apes)

"Enemy fighters at 2 o'clock!...Roger, What should i do until then?"

2010 r1200r, 2009 harley crossbones, 2008 triumph/sidecar, 1970 norton commando 750

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by 157149 View Post
    I had a 05 HD and an 03 Suzuki Burgman-the Burgman was superior in every way so the HD was sold at a great loss, so much for the great resale value. I don't regret the experience, just the big loss financially. Could have had a real nice airhead for half of what I had in the HD. Live and learn.
    Accroding to my friend who has one, the Burgman 650 is superior to many bikes. However, it weighs as much or more than my airhead and uses more gas.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

So, if you put throw over saddlebags on that Crossbones, does that make it a Crossdresser?
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    Accroding to my friend who has one, the Burgman 650 is superior to many bikes. However, it weighs as much or more than my airhead and uses more gas.
    That's the problem with all the mega scooters. Compare BMW's new scooter to their F650 twin. The scooter weighs considerably more, consumes more gas, isn't as fast, and costs at least as much. If you need an automatic buy a Honda NC700X.

Sorry for the drift, now back to the Harleys
    14 R1200GSA, 93 R100R. No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.

I liked my SuperGlide Custom well enough and it never let me down mechanically, but once I picked up my RT it rarely came out of the garage.

And that's a shame because it was a nice bike to just tool along back roads on, but I eventually sold it as I couldn't justify the expense of keeping a garage queen.
    Ride Safe,
    Bob
    '12 R1200RT