Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chippawa Rally Boots?

$199 w/ free shipping ok returns w/ $8.50 restocking fee or free exchange (sounds fair)

http://www.onlinebootstore.com/Merch...c?Screen=RETEX

Checked these folks out too ... their policy is one return (the customer pays shipping) per 30 days. With all the competition on-line these days, a $8.50 "restocking fee" is baloney ... if you asked me (no one did). I also found it a bit annoying that they ding shipments to military APO/FPO an extra $7.50 ... but it's their business, and they can do what they want.

A strategy that I have employed in the past (with other sellers) is to "bracket" my purchase by ordering an extra pair in a bigger size, wider, etc ... knowing that I will have to return at least one pair.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

ExMaTprinLowerAlabama
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    Checked these folks out too ... their policy is one return (the customer pays shipping) per 30 days. With all the competition on-line these days, a $8.50 "restocking fee" is baloney ... if you asked me (no one did). I also found it a bit annoying that they ding shipments to military APO/FPO an extra $7.50 ... but it's their business, and they can do what they want.

A strategy that I have employed in the past (with other sellers) is to "bracket" my purchase by ordering an extra pair in a bigger size, wider, etc ... knowing that I will have to return at least one pair.
    I believe the restocking fee is only for a return/cash back, not a swap for different size...

Good luck!

I picked up a pair of these Rally boots a few weeks ago and, so far, I really like them. With size 13 feet very wide at the toe box (shovel feet) I had found NO moto-specific boots that would fit without pain. The EE width of these Chippewa boots works for me and the style is acceptable. Nice leather lining but no insole. Added a pair of smartfeet insoles and they are quite comfy. Still getting broken in so I do get some rubbing when walking around in them. Got mine at snakeboots.com... good pricing and they actually had them in inventory.
    Carl

'93 K75RT

Dang! I thought Snakeboots.com was just a cutesy internet retailer name...

They really do sell "snake boots".

"It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner