Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No Registration Confirmation Received

Quote Originally Posted by rsbeemer View Post
    but does the $100. cover registration for the rally or is that a whole different thing?
    The $100 includes rally registration, but you have to register for the rally as a seperate step.

When you log in the system should see that you have purchased a ticket and show the rally fee as $0.00 when you register online.

WDaigle
    Quote Originally Posted by stkmkt1 View Post
    UPDATE: I registered on April 9th, but never received an email. I see others have had the same issue. I just went into my account information and saw a header labeled "Orders". Low and behold, was my "order" of two tickets for the Rally. At the bottom, was a link to resend the confirmation email. Clicking on it got an email confirmation within a few seconds.

So if you have not received a confirmation, give this a try.
    I wonder how we were supposed to know this. I just called the MOA office this morning because I had not received an e-mail and was not told to check the account info. Curiously though when I checked the info, it shows that my ticket was purchased on the 12th, my rally registration was purchased on the 17th, and my membership renewal was on the 11th. I telephoned my order for all of them on the 10th. What's wrong with this system?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lagator View Post
    I wonder how we were supposed to know this. I just called the MOA office this morning because I had not received an e-mail and was not told to check the account info. Curiously though when I checked the info, it shows that my ticket was purchased on the 12th, my rally registration was purchased on the 17th, and my membership renewal was on the 11th. I telephoned my order for all of them on the 10th. What's wrong with this system?
    They did not tell me to check my account. They said they would look into the matter and get back to me. They confirmed I should have received an email.

I just happened to remember seeing a section on "Orders" in the account area. So I checked it out and found the link to resend the confirmation. From what I understand, MOA is buried in sweepstakes ticket purchases. This may be part of the problem.

And when I called, I got someone to look into my issue right away. So great service. Just a bit of a glitch in the system. Should be a lot of people at the Rally.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

Thanks K12lts

Quote Originally Posted by k12lts View Post
    The $100 includes rally registration, but you have to register for the rally as a seperate step.

When you log in the system should see that you have purchased a ticket and show the rally fee as $0.00 when you register online.
    I appreciate your reply...I got it done today...

That is one thing I like about the forum....there is always someone who will take the time to help a fellow member....no matter how stupid the question may be.

I hope I can buy you a beer or two at the Rally...or soft drink/milk/bottled water

Thanks again...
    1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

I obviously missed the rally registration step. I purchased my Superstakes ticket but didn't register for the rally. So, now when I go to register, it wants to charge me $35.00. Just shot an e-mail off to the home office.
    Russ
    BMWMOA Life Member
    AMA Life Member
    300,000 BMW miles and riding

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by FLbmw View Post
    I obviously missed the rally registration step. I purchased my Superstakes ticket but didn't register for the rally. So, now when I go to register, it wants to charge me $35.00. Just shot an e-mail off to the home office.
    same thing for me. Can someone clarify this before the main office phone and email light up? If for some reason my ticket purchase did not go through I would like to know before May 1. Thanks, Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

I bought my sweepstakes ticket and received my receipt and confirmation on April 6.

After reading the forum comments, I attempted to register for the rally this morning...it wanted to charge me the $35.

While I am sure things will get straightened out, there are definitely inconsistencies in the processing at this time. Tying the sweepstakes to rally fee is new and the glitches need to be resolved.
    George
    R1200RT, K1200RS. Previous K1200LT, R80RT, R100R, R75/5

It is a new process including Rally registration with a Superstakes ticket and the volume of orders in the first two weeks were a little overwhelming. The load is starting to even out and the office is catching up on receipts, etc. There are several different ways to order a ticket and register for the Rally. Hopefully, I can answer most of the questions in this post, but email me directly, tedm@bmwmoa.org, or contact any office staff and we will be glad to help or answer your questions.

First, if you have ordered a ticket prior to May 1, you will be in the early bird drawing. Ticket numbers and order confirmations began shipping late last week. There are about 3,000 that needed to be processed and we took some time to make sure we had everything just right before these were sent out. The general rule from this point forward would be that you should have your ticket number within 14 days of placing an order. If you do not have it by then, contact any staff member and we will find it for you.

Second, you are automatically registered for the Rally when you buy a ticket, whether you complete the online registration or not. We would prefer that you buy the Superstakes ticket and then complete the Rally registration. By doing this, it will eliminate the system's desire to charge you for the Rally. But, every person that buys a ticket will be registered for the Rally whether you complete the online rally registration or not.

In most cases, you will not receive a printed Rally registration. You don't need it. But, you are registered if you bought a ticket. We will also have complete lists onsite at the Rally of buyers and this will be an easy reconciliation if there are any issues. If you want a printed hard copy of your rally registration, you can email or call Tammy and she will provide it for you.

I can't speak to the online system of receipts or how those are stored in your account. I don't know that system as well, but my understanding is it should give you a confirmation and also save that order in your order history. This is not your Superstakes ticket or the winning number. It is just a confirmation or receipt for your purchase of a ticket(s). Ticket numbers will be mailed to each person as stated above.

Thanks for everyone's patience. Our systems are designed to sell memberships and not necessarily Superstakes tickets. Each year the Superstakes has changed slightly to keep it interesting and that creates another layer of difficulty. I know every staff member is committed to your orders and working hard to make sure the process is easy and a quick turnaround. They remind me every day how hard they are working to fill the orders!

Good luck to everyone! Looks like we ill have close to 3,500 in the early bird drawing. Great odds to win a new R1200GS Adventure on May 11!
    Ted Moyer
    '09 G450X, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure

Halifax and Larry's River, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Thanks very much Ted. Following your directions I did find info in Accounts Management. Again, thank you. - Bob
    saltyfogriders@gmail.com
    Salty Fog Riders Motorcycle Tourism Promotions
    Larry's River, Nova Scotia, CANADA

I bought my tickets on May 6th. It's been over 14 days, so I just called the MOA office. She said they just started sending out ticket numbers this past Friday. I should receive it by the end of the month. Just bring that paper to the rally and that will be my rally entrance pass.
    Russ
    BMWMOA Life Member
    AMA Life Member
    300,000 BMW miles and riding

I check the mail daily and still no confirmed entry.

That's ok with me as long as I win the GS for entering as an early bird.
    ( hmm, seems like that early bird stuff is a part of my life now )

If I can get in to the rally without a hassle that's a bonus

Re-tire... as necessary Fatthumz's Avatar

Got my Super Sweepstakes letter today...

I entered my $100 Super Sweepstakes III order on the MOA website back on April 6th. Got my confirmation letter with WINNING NUMBER hope, hope, hope in the mail today, April 26th. Be patient... I'm sure you'll be receiving your letter with your number soon.
    Tom Hill - Atlanta GA
    '10 R12GS - Red
    '01 K12RS - Mandarin Checker - "For Sale"

16 days later .... it arrived in the mail. (Now it was only 2 days after I called MOA headquarters.....think the two are related? I'm just saying.....) Looking forward to one of those shiny new BMWs in my garage.

Mine just came, too.
    Greg
    2011 R1200RT
    Harleysville PA

Still no confirmation here !!!