Thread: New member in El Paso, TX

Smile New member in El Paso, TX

Hi, I have been lurking this site for some time, I like it very much, and as the proper time to purchase my first BMW bike is approaching, I can't wait any longer to be part of this group.
    My plans are to buy a new R1200RT around July, I currently have two bikes one is an '86 Yamaha Venture Royale (24 years with it) and a '93 Suzuki GSX1100G.
    I start riding back in 1982 and still enjoying in, now more, since I just retired last December.
    Rod

Welcome to the MOA forum! Hope you get your new RT soon so you can post a photo for us to enjoy.
    George
    R1200RT, K1200RS. Previous K1200LT, R80RT, R100R, R75/5

Welcome from out of the shadows! Sounds like you're really looking forward to the new bike...but how can you wait that long?? It would kill me!!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

One of my week end riding friends let me ride either one of his beemers, a '93 K1100RS or a '05 R1200RT, that is why I discover how fine machine a BMW bike is, they "stick" to the ground, you really "feel" the handling, the ergonomics are great, etc.

I still enjoy my Venture, as I tell my friend I can ride that bike "in my sleep" but the RT is the one for me.

Some family issues $$ (-at the end of the day everything boils down to $$)- is what is keeping me from getting this bike not soon enough.

Rod