Thread: Hubert is back on the road with his BMW r100gspd and sidecar.

Hubert is back on the road with his BMW r100gspd and sidecar.

Some of you may have seen the post on this ride elsewhere (i.e. airhead tech forum), but for those that have not, Here's a Link to a great trip site.

The Site is a virtual ride with my buddy Hubert. Hubert is an extraordinary adventure motorcyclist and is now on the ride of a lifetime. He took off February 16th for a ride that is planned to last 10 years. His first stop: Tuktoyaktuk, NWT via the ice roads.

Please stop by the site to see what heÔÇÖs up to this week.

More about how I met Hubert Here .

Davesnothere
    Davesnothere@mindspring.com

thanks for the alert to hubert's latest. this is worth a read. this guy makes us rounders look like mamas boys (n girls), okay - he makes us look like mamas persons.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy777
    this guy makes us rounders look like mamas boys (n girls), okay - he makes us look like mamas persons.
    Sidecar, hell. Check out THIS GUY, out adventure-touring on his R1 sportbike.

(Note: The STUNNING video, NOT for the bandwidth-challenged.)

now i'm pissed,

why couldn't my parents have done the proper thing and established a decently sized trust fund that would allow me to do these sorts of things for years on end, i was DEFENETLY not ready to get off the road after only 2 months. the sceens of the R1 in the sand remind me of the desert outside Truth or Consequences NM where i decided to do some "off roading" with the airhead, the results weren't pretty.........
    04 GS ADV

That guy on the sportbike is nuts. Those things aren't comfortable for that long to me. Maybe he's just the size the designers were thinking of when they made 'em..

- Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that? - Lisa Clayman
    - A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. --Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by flash412
    Sidecar, hell. Check out THIS GUY, out adventure-touring on his R1 sportbike.

(Note: The STUNNING video, NOT for the bandwidth-challenged.)
    HAH! I just read a story in some M/C adventure mag about a guy who's touring the world on a GOLDWING. I'm talking talking that thing through the mud roads of africa in the rainy season.
    --Joe Merlino - Modified '82 R100RT