Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: The short mileage gang

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerfish1100 View Post
    we already do. it's called "The Good Sport Award", and is part of the annual mileage contest.
    Great count me in!

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Great count me in!

Jack
    all you have to do is submit your mileage, and hope that no one rode less than you! I believe that you must have "some" miles on the bike(s)- a season of non-riding would not be acceptable.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

I just finished 250 miles in 7 1/2 hours, and enjoyed every minute and every mile!
    Mike Davis
    "Old n Slow" It's a way of life!
    1985 K100RT

1998 R1100RT

Ed Kilner #176066

Great!

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslow View Post
    I just finished 250 miles in 7 1/2 hours, and enjoyed every minute and every mile!
    I have been trying to ride every day in order to stretch muscles and ligaments in preparation for the Big Trip starting Jun 01.

Toronto (just west of) - Seattle - Victoria - around island - Vancouver - Toronto.

Will have a big break on the island.

Have had hip muscle cramps - they will go away, had them in '73, and in '2000, and now again in '2011/2012 --- with every new bike for a while.

Have knee pain; it too will go away, I hope. Else, Tylenol...

Sometimes, shin pain...

Yet, the stock seat seems ok for me; better narower and a bit thinner for reach, but...

June 01 departure for the trip I have dreamed of for decades...

Ed
    2011 R1200RT Thunder Gray Metallic; 2000 Triumph 900(sold)
    http://triumphantsblog.blogspot.ca/

I did around 35 miles yesterday, doing what tasks that could be done on a bike.
    Of course that kind of mileage was spread out on 2 different machines. Very nice
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Whew! I knocked out 241 miles yesterday. Left Clovis at 1700, rode to Santa Rosa, NM and met up with 10 others from around NM at the Comet II Drive-in. Arrived at 1855, after a gas stop that I piddled around for 10 minutes on.

We shot the breeze and ate, getting out of there at 2100 and headed to the middle of nowhere NM where most of the gang were going to hang out and watch the sky for the The Lyrid Meteor Showers.

Because of a commitment I have this morning, I didn't hang out and just rode on home.

Got stopped at a sobriety checkpoint on the way in. At that hour, not much traffic so I got to spend 10 or 15 minutes shooting the breeze with a buddy that is a NM State Police Motor Officer [NM SP rides R1200RTPs] that I hadn't seen in a while, before rolling on in to the garage. Planned to be home at 2330 - and hit it right on time.

Averaged 37.5 mph. Had a great ride and a great time.
    Nom de Plume:
    Steve Aikens, Clovis, NM
    BMW MOA #6218
    IBA# 442

I only managed 1,194 miles this week . At least well over half of that was in the mountains. It sucks having to work over time every week right now.
    Dave
    2004 Black LT
    2000 Canyon Red LT
    The Only Vehicles I Own

Quote Originally Posted by saddleman View Post
    I only managed 1,194 miles this week . At least well over half of that was in the mountains. It sucks having to work over time every week right now.
    Grr.

Take this:

The was a time - and will be again...
    Nom de Plume:
    Steve Aikens, Clovis, NM
    BMW MOA #6218
    IBA# 442

I enter the mileage contest to see how many miles I actually ride. Of course, I don't ride the same miles in each contest. I have always wanted to know how many actual miles I ride and participating in the contest is a good way to find out. Not only that, I like to see how many miles I ride compared to others. Yes, there are people who are retired and have the opportunity to ride more than those who work... and there are those who work and still able to get lots of miles in... and those who are unable to who may wish they can.. and those who do not ride that many miles... no matter who or which type you are... that is fine... everyone has their own purpose and enjoyment of riding.

My commute to work is 20 miles one way... so just to work and home is 40 miles... if I ride every day which I normally do that is 200 miles a week... if I ride every day, I could ride 10,400 miles just to commute to and home from work. This does not include errands I may run on the bike and/or trips I may take this year.

I enjoy riding... I get better gas mileage versus my car... my main miles is commuting... I don't have nice roads to ride where I live unless I ride about 400 miles from where I live.

Since the mileage contest started, I have accumulated 345 miles. Is that too many miles or not enough miles?

Traveling in some parts of the country isn't the same as traveling in other parts of the country. Ride safe everyone!

This thread has me laughing.
    Bye bye 2006 F650 GS for a 2011 F650 GS.