Thread: Another Arizona Newbie

Another Arizona Newbie

Another Arizona new guy. Just acquired a 1983 R100RS from my brother in Colorado. It's in pretty decent mostly original condition and runs pretty well but needs some TLC. I retired a couple years ago and got it mainly as a project (sound familiar?) but I intend to ride it too. I've owned a few Bimmers (a couple 2002's and a 1600) but this is my first Beemer. I rode bikes a lot up until the late 70's, mostly 300-350 Hondas, but haven't ridden for many years. I've put about 50 miles on the RS so far and am beginning to get the feel of it but it's a much bigger heavier bike than I'm used to.

Anyway, I'll probably be hanging out in the Airheads sub-forum quite a bit and asking some hopefully not too dumb questions. This looks like a great bunch so I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome to the Forum

Post some pics of your new ride when you can. You have the best looking bmw made in my opinion. Ask questions when you need; there are no dumb questions here. Enjoy your ride.
    1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Certifiable Old Fart beemerdons's Avatar

Glad that you are here!

http://www.azbeemers.org/rally2012.php Welcome MARKAZ, please consider yourself cordially invited to the fabulous AZ Beemers Road Runner Rally being held 5/18-20 in Prescott, Arizona. Need more info, contact me at beemerdons@aol.com
    Don Stanley; aka Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina"
    BMWMOA #24810; www.azbeemers.org/forum #89