Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No dealers in Kansas?

Jack Herbst

Talking No dealers in Kansas?

Checking the BMW dealers on the MOA web this morning and see there are no listed dealers in the state of Kansas.

I am riding from Paonia Colorado (Top of The Rockies Rally) to Sedalia and have to travel all the way across Kansas without a dealer? Can I go that far without something going wrong on my BMW?

How many other states have no BMW dealers?

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Mississippi no dealer.

Looks like you won't find an independent wrench, either.

http://www.ibmwr.org/dealers-independent.shtml

Maybe we now know what's he matter with Kansas.

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by rkoreis View Post
    Looks like you won't find an independent wrench, either.

http://www.ibmwr.org/dealers-independent.shtml

Maybe we now know what's he matter with Kansas.
    Hoo-ray for the independants. They make a fine contribution to us all. Most are very experianced and helpful.

Hard to beleive no dealers in a few of our states. Does anyone in those sates ride BMW's? LOL

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by barryg View Post
    Mississippi no dealer.

Also WV
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

I live in Marion, Ar. and the one BMW dealer in Ar.; Bentonville BMW is 338 miles away.

My state of Missouri has 3 dealers but MY dealer is in Arkansas. I'm not sure man made boundaries matter that much. I rarely have trouble with the border crossings anyway
    Neal - '09 R1200GS / '81 R65

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    I am riding from Paonia Colorado (Top of The Rockies Rally) to Sedalia and have to travel all the way across Kansas without a dealer? Can I go that far without something going wrong on my BMW?
    Paonia to the east side of Kansas is only 800 miles. Do you normally have to stop for repairs every 800 miles?
    I'm guessing you meant this thread as a joke.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Checking the BMW dealers on the MOA web this morning and see there are no listed dealers in the state of Kansas.

Jack
    As long as you stay out of the Cimmaron Vortex everything should be fine. You will need to take evasive action if you do encounter the vortex. Speeding up helps sometimes, but so does slowing down. Turning clockwise should be avoided but turning anti-clockwise might be beneficial.

If you do suffer damage you can stop at Engle Motors in the big Kansas City which isn't the one in Kansas and they should be able to remedy the 500 or so miles of dealer deprivation.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

How about Engle Motors?

While not IN Kansas, they are right on the border.
    Engle Motors
    6633 East Truman Road, Kansas City, MO

"Cimmaron Vortex"?

Is that near the Cimmaron Strip, AKA the Okalahoma Panhandle?

Went to school there and it was hard to get out of.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Jack
    I rode my 650 Dakar from Fort Worth to Southern California and back in Feb and not problems at all, well except wind and dust storms

Jack
    Maybe you should stay home if you are afraid of getting off the sidewalk.

The good you do goes on.

Smile Big open spaces!

Big open space, like from Denver to Kansas City means few people, few people means little demand for motorcycle dealerships.

I've been across this area many times on one or another BMW and always enjoyed the vastness, it's not for everyone but for those of us who enjoy the openness of the great plains it's quite something. You can even do this ride entirely off pavement, be aware of storms crossing as the roads out west are dirt, not gravel, dirt, and we know what heavy rain and dirt equals.

It is more scenic if you stay off the interstate, take 36, 18, 24, 50, 56. These East/West routes will take you thru small towns. People are friendly and will help if need be, though it could be awhile before anyone shows up.

There is Engle's BMW/Triumph in KC. They're an old, well established and great dealership.

If your bike is a junker you could be risking your life breaking down in the summer heat. As a precaution, you might want to take an umbrella, for the sun.
    Life is a gift, give something back.
    BMWMOA #36913

Kansas

And that ride on I70 is so scenic across the plains of KS. I live in OK and it's almost as bad here. A lovely warm southern breeze this time of year will probably have you leaning a wee bit left and might even leave a nice flat spot on your tires. There's a dealer in Tulsa OK that is open Tue thru Sat. Safe travels. I'll be headed up there from OKC.
    IBA Number 49673
    Moore OK
    http://lngrdr.blogspot.com/