Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rounders season is officially over right???

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I look like my avatar.... plus I'll wear my cool name badge.
    Last edited by BradfordBenn; 05-04-2005 at 01:30 AM. Reason: wrong wear/where
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

I've hesitated to apply for membership because for me, "winterizing" means putting the perf jacket away. But as qualifications, I CAN produce pictures of my bikes in, on, and around snow!
    It's true that summer is the tough one around here. So far in 4 years I've only abandoned a ride once. North Shore Drive (around Lake Mead) and it was 112 at the ranger station. 12 miles later I realized the "wind chill factor" doesn't apply over 100 degrees. It's just more hot air! I ended a "pleasure ride" because it just wasn't fun. Luckily the commute is <4 miles so even temps above 110 are bearable.

Hang on, Summer is just around the corner.

>also, can anyone recommend a good way to wick water off the face sheild while still maintaining visibility, that rain-x stuff is too filmy from my experience, i've hit "unexpected" rain 3 of my last 4 trips, i think its a curse...........

I love the little finger squeegies you get from RiderWearhouse. They work great. The HeinGericke Taureg jacket I wear in inclement weather has a shoulder pocket and I keep it in there so I'm never without it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]David#476
    "Is this some sort of a senior citizens tour?"

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dlearl

I love the little finger squeegies you get from RiderWearhouse. They work great. The HeinGericke Taureg jacket I wear in inclement weather has a shoulder pocket and I keep it in there so I'm never without it.
    I use the Held Storm Gloves and they have a squeege built into the left index finger.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

James.A
    Quote Originally Posted by dlearl

>also, can anyone recommend a good way to wick water off the face sheild while still maintaining visibility, that rain-x stuff is too filmy from my experience, i've hit "unexpected" rain 3 of my last 4 trips, i think its a curse...........
    Turtle Wax sheds the rain drops without the multi-colored swirlies.

my belstaff gloves have the squeege on the back of the hand, but they're too small, i got them with my jacket on ebay
    04 GS ADV