Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rounders season is officially over right???

DZIMBRIC

More snow

Just to make you guys feel better I saw some snow this weekend.

BUBBAZANETTI
    haha, "rounders" and "season" - contradictory terms, what was i thinking???

anyway, had the scarriest mc trip of my life tonight, i was freelancing out near boston and when i left at 8 it was drizziling, after about 15 miles on the pike it was pouring, visibility was crap and kept thinking that i was gonna run over a dead animal i couldn't see. the 18 wheelers were out in force and i was constantly surrounded, the Yardbirds on the ipod were not cheering me up and my jacket finally soaked through for the first time since i bought it (although the pants were dry as a bone, thanks todd!!), i got into the house about an hour ago and pretty much fell through the front door, normally a 2 hr ride, took almost 3

oh yeah, and it hailed

also, can anyone recommend a good way to wick water off the face sheild while still maintaining visibility, that rain-x stuff is too filmy from my experience, i've hit "unexpected" rain 3 of my last 4 trips, i think its a curse...........

USERNAME
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaZanetti

oh yeah, and it hailed
    nice! on days like that it's a little harder to convince car drivers what losers they are.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaZanetti
    also, can anyone recommend a good way to wick water off the face sheild while still maintaining visibility, that rain-x stuff is too filmy from my experience, i've hit "unexpected" rain 3 of my last 4 trips, i think its a curse...........
    i had one of those little thumb squeegee thingys from aerostich, and i used it on the interstate with trucks everywhere, and it was good. granted, you have to take your hand off the bar for a second, which is dangerous. of course, when riding through the wash of 18-wheelers, nothing works, you just gotta punch through and hope the motorcycle gods are smiling upon you. or else hang way back.

The Rounder thread may pick up again when those southern riders start telling us about their four hour rides in 115 degree desert heat. How many stop riding when the heat and humidity gets up there?

Dave H

Freeze alert

Didn't ride to work today because there was a freeze alert for this area. Never have liked the thought of riding on a thin film of ice. Now, looking out the window, the snow flurries confirm the decision. But it's supposed to be better by tomorrow and the weekend is looking tremendous! Anyone going to the mini rally in Sturgis, Michigan?
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrider
    The Rounder thread may pick up again when those southern riders start telling us about their four hour rides in 115 degree desert heat. How many stop riding when the heat and humidity gets up there?

Dave H
    heat??? looking forward to it. 37 degrees with some very, very light snow flurries floating around on my way in this morning. almost made me forget it is three days into MAY! rounders cannot complain whether it be hot or cold on account of our motto is No Whining.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

bigfoot105
    Last week Anchorage set 5 record high days, the temps last Monday thru Friday all were in the low 70s beating the old records by an average of 8 degrees each day. This week the forecasted temps are to be in the high 50s to the low 60s and we are up to 16 hours of daylight and gaining 6 minutes a day of it!

And Yes......I did leave work early last week but,........only on three days.

Lets ride!!

USERNAME
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy777
    rounders cannot complain whether it be hot or cold on account of our motto is No Whining.
    if winter doesn't go away soon you'll need to consider changing it to "no sweat!"

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Hail and snow today here in Ohio. I believe the ice ages are returning. Some idiot said 70 and sunny this weekend. I will believe it when I see it.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dancogan
    Anyone going to the mini rally in Sturgis, Michigan?
    I might pop up, but probably not camp. If you are going to be there, I can make a special effort.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

Didn't ride to work today because there was a freeze alert for this area. Never have liked the thought of riding on a thin film of ice. Now, looking out the window, the snow flurries confirm the decision. But it's supposed to be better by tomorrow and the weekend is looking tremendous! Anyone going to the mini rally in Sturgis, Michigan?

Where in SE Mich are you? I missed the freeze alert, and rode anyway. Didn't see any flurries until after I got back home. Was a good ride.

- Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full, I say, are you going to drink that? - Lisa Clayman
    - A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. --Robert Frost

Mini Rally

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    I might pop up, but probably not camp. If you are going to be there, I can make a special effort.
    I'm not planning on camping there, either. But I'm thinking of leaving home around 8:00 am, which should get me there around 10:00 or a little after. I'd love to meet you if you'll be there. Can't camp because we have a family visit to Columbus for Mother's Day.

Dan

Down by Ann Arbor

Quote Originally Posted by einnar
    Where in SE Mich are you? I missed the freeze alert, and rode anyway. Didn't see any flurries until after I got back home. Was a good ride.
    It was the Detroit TV channels I was watching during breakfast that gave the freeze alert. I'm just SW of Ann Arbor. Enough to scare me off the road for an early commute. By mid-morning it was snowing, and then turned to rain. Just one of those days. Where are you in SE MI?
    Dan

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I'm not planning on camping there, either. But I'm thinking of leaving home around 8:00 am, which should get me there around 10:00 or a little after. I'd love to meet you if you'll be there. Can't camp because we have a family visit to Columbus for Mother's Day.

So the question is where and when to meet. I am trying to get my wife's boss and GS rider to come along so once I know his plans we can scheme - I mean plan. Now where is Iron Mike?
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

A plan ... in the early stages

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordBenn
    So the question is where and when to meet. I am trying to get my wife's boss and GS rider to come along so once I know his plans we can scheme - I mean plan. Now where is Iron Mike?
    Might be easiest to just exchange cell phone numbers. I always have mine with me, even though it's turned off and in a pocket while I ride. But once there, I can leave it on, pick up voice mail, etc.
    Dan