Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rounders season is officially over right???

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    I look like my avatar.... plus I'll wear my cool name badge.
    Last edited by BradfordBenn; 05-04-2005 at 01:30 AM. Reason: wrong wear/where
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

dlearl476
    I've hesitated to apply for membership because for me, "winterizing" means putting the perf jacket away. But as qualifications, I CAN produce pictures of my bikes in, on, and around snow!
    It's true that summer is the tough one around here. So far in 4 years I've only abandoned a ride once. North Shore Drive (around Lake Mead) and it was 112 at the ranger station. 12 miles later I realized the "wind chill factor" doesn't apply over 100 degrees. It's just more hot air! I ended a "pleasure ride" because it just wasn't fun. Luckily the commute is <4 miles so even temps above 110 are bearable.

Hang on, Summer is just around the corner.

>also, can anyone recommend a good way to wick water off the face sheild while still maintaining visibility, that rain-x stuff is too filmy from my experience, i've hit "unexpected" rain 3 of my last 4 trips, i think its a curse...........

I love the little finger squeegies you get from RiderWearhouse. They work great. The HeinGericke Taureg jacket I wear in inclement weather has a shoulder pocket and I keep it in there so I'm never without it.

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dlearl

I love the little finger squeegies you get from RiderWearhouse. They work great. The HeinGericke Taureg jacket I wear in inclement weather has a shoulder pocket and I keep it in there so I'm never without it.
    I use the Held Storm Gloves and they have a squeege built into the left index finger.
    -=Brad

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride

James.A
    Quote Originally Posted by dlearl

>also, can anyone recommend a good way to wick water off the face sheild while still maintaining visibility, that rain-x stuff is too filmy from my experience, i've hit "unexpected" rain 3 of my last 4 trips, i think its a curse...........
    Turtle Wax sheds the rain drops without the multi-colored swirlies.

BUBBAZANETTI
    my belstaff gloves have the squeege on the back of the hand, but they're too small, i got them with my jacket on ebay