Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Schuberth C3 helmets

I've been using the felt furniture pads for a year now, one inch size fits between visor and cam for raising and lowering visor will stay in any position at speeds up to ninety, haven't tried it faster.
    Helps with ventilation greatly
    PS only use water to clean visor, most other cleaners will cause it to cloud

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by t6pilot View Post
    I've been using the felt furniture pads for a year now, one inch size fits between visor and cam for raising and lowering visor will stay in any position at speeds up to ninety, haven't tried it faster.
    Helps with ventilation greatly
    PS only use water to clean visor, most other cleaners will cause it to cloud
    Thank you! I'll visit my hardware store tomorrow.
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Got the SRC system (instant shipping!) - and have a few questions, but rather then tossing it into this thread, I gave it one of it's own:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...546#post791546
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders New Sweden BMW Riders
    '07 R1200R (current ride) and some bimmers.. and a Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmws View Post
    How are you dealing with a drinking tube?
    It's not like I have a Jay Leno chin, but there is no easy way to get the camelbak tube up from the bottom. In through the visor is tough too. I have the 90deg. bite valve, maybe I need to try a straight one?
    Quote Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
    I raise the sunshield about 1/2", then guide the bite valve over the top of the chinbar with my forefinger pushing it down toward my lips. A minor pita, but I don't really think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobmws View Post
    That's what I figured, I'll just have to learn the new technique.
    Now what was that about old dogs????!!!!
    OK, so I sat in the living room with my helmet on and the camelbak at hand. The 90 deg. bite valve was not very manageable through the shield.
    I neglected to mention I have an Autocom boom mic in there too....
    I opened the helmet and inserted the tube between the cheek pad and the flap/roll on the chin guard. I have removed the secondary velcroed in wind flap as it made no difference on my bike, but was in the way of closing the helmet.
    Closed the helmet and it stayed in place just fine to the right of my mouth. Adjusted the bite valve orientation in the tube so I just have to swivel the tube 1/4 turn to hit my mouth.
    I think this is my solution. Bike is apart right now as I'm waiting for delivery of an HID low beam to replace my burned out H7. I'll road test it soon.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

The good you do goes on.

Smile Schuberth C3

I recently upgraded several pieces of riding gear including helmets. I went from a Shoei Z-II to the Schuberth C3.

I am amazed at the improvement in air flow and how quiet the helmet is. I did have some pressure on my forehead for the first several hours of use, but that has now gone away. I'm sure most of you have seen the statistics on safety and white or bright helmets which is something to think about when shopping.

IMHO the best gear is worth the money, you enjoy it more, it lasts longer, is more comfortable, creates less stress/fatigue and generally makes life more pleasant. Come to think of it, those are many of the qualities we look for in a paramour.

Since I'm ordering a C3 online can someone tell me what color dark Anthracite is or perhaps post a picture of the helmet. I'm a bit color blind but I wanted the helmet to match the 2010 Thunder Gray R1200RT if possible.
    It's already ordered by out of stock. I might be able to change my order to another in stock helmet so your advise is appreciated.

Thanks,
    tsp
    My blog http://www.swriding.blogspot.com

PS: Since they had to order the helmet anyway I changed my order to the black "The World".
    Last edited by tsperez; 07-08-2012 at 05:50 PM.

I have a 2011 Thunder Grey RT AND a dark anthracite C3. Close but not a match. Can't post a picture just now (nowhere near the hemet)
    Paul
    "Friends don't let friends ride junk!"
    2011 R1200RT

I'm jumping in this thread now as I have interest in the C3 helmet. My current helmet is a Concept & it's a great fit & hate to part with it but like me, it's aging. Now have XXL Concept & head measures 22 5/8" which is a L on the C3 chart. Based on that chart my present helmet should be far too large but isn't. I've never been a hard to fit head with bike, FB or military aviation helmets. After doing several searches like WebBike World and other magazine tests/reviews I'm still concerned on fit. I'm not even remotely close to a dealer & am aware of return privileges some offer but also like to play the used marketplace too. Any further comments on the Shoei Neotec, HJC R-Pha Max & Vega Altura are welcome. FWIW, I like the Concept far better than some older reviews I dug up online. Like some others I wear it open visor at times with safety glasses for wind in the face effect & yes it'll slam on you. The so called "city" visor position doesn't work well either as it is constantly snapping closed. It can be handy to defog the visor when it cooperates. I've even considered carrying a piece of U shaped rubber to keep it propped part way in certain weather/temps.

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    ... also like to play the used marketplace too.
    You would consider buying a used helmet?

You are a braver person than I am.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

Solution to "the mark of Schuberth"

My problems continued following my last post and so I sent an e-mail to customer service at Schuberth and they told me that one of the things that they are recommending is that you replace the liner in your C-3 with the same size S-2 liner.
    They sent me an S-2 liner and it goes into the C-3 very easily and the swap was done in a matter of minutes. It simply snaps in place in the same places as the C-3. It fits very well and is much more comfortable than the original liner. They told me that there is a difference in the head shape between the C-3 and S-2 models and that for some people this is the only solution. It worked for me and they were very good about sending me a replacement S-2 liner at no charge. I have had this helmet for about a year and a half, I was most impressed with Schuberth's customer service. The helmet fits perfectly now and is quite comfortable. I hope this is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post

There are currently 261,274 "motorcycle helmets" for sale on ebay alone. Of these 4,690 are used. I guess they are looking for brave people ....
    If I lived in the CA wine country I might shop in , well, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by ARGENT BRICK View Post

Let's see..........this spring I bought a used C3 in my size and color choice off of Craigslist from a local owner. He bought it new last fall, wore it twice to work before the riding season ended and over the winter months decided to retire from MC riding.

For $300 dollars, I got the helmet, an extra face shield, helmet bag and owners manual. It was spotlessly clean and like it was fresh out of the box.

This is my first ever "brave" and successful attempt in the used helmet market.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

I contacted Schuberth regarding my liner coming apart after a year, and they offered to send me an S2 liner and new cheek pads. Just waiting to see when they will show up.
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE
    1984 Kawasaki 750 Turbo E1

My experience with Schuberth repair service was great !
    '03 R1150R, '03 F650GS, '97DR200SE,'78 Honda CT-90, '77Honda CT-90

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfr View Post
    I contacted Schuberth regarding my liner coming apart after a year, and they offered to send me an S2 liner and new cheek pads. Just waiting to see when they will show up.
    Received the replacement S2 liner for my C3. the S2 liner is WAY better and more comfortable.
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE
    1984 Kawasaki 750 Turbo E1