Thread: Bluetooth Communication sets

Hybrid View

JWBMW

Bluetooth Communication sets

I an looking at buying a bluetooth communication system to use with my wife when we travel. I read the article from the July edition of Rider and they tested five different products. The best overall seemed to be the SENA SMH10. The other possibility seemed to be the J&M Elite 277. I wondered what the experience/opinion of the fourm is on these sets?

Quote Originally Posted by jbarnesvt View Post
    I an looking at buying a bluetooth communication system to use with my wife when we travel. I read the article from the July edition of Rider and they tested five different products. The best overall seemed to be the SENA SMH10. The other possibility seemed to be the J&M Elite 277. I wondered what the experience/opinion of the fourm is on these sets?
    oops. I just bought a Scala Rider q2. It's not here yet.
    Rob R
    1994 K75 My first bike.

I got a Sena for myself more than a year ago and really liked it. I eventually got a second when my wife started riding with me some. They work quite well. I take an occasional phone call and people are surprised that I'm on the bike. What I really use it for the most is listening to music though. The Sena's seem to have the loudest volume and since i were earplugs all the time on the bike, I needed something that I could hear through the plugs. My brother in law thought the speakers sounded tinny (not much bass) and after a short ride without the earplugs, I agree. The plugs block some of the highs, I guess.

Anyway, for intercom they work well. The sound is quiet good and the controls are very simple and easy to use. I have mounts on full face and flip up helmets, just for reference.
    Rusty
    Austin, TX
    Two Wheeled Texans
    2009 R1200GSA

+1 for the Sena and everything Rusty wrote. I have a pair to use for intercom with my wife, listen to music on my iPhone, and talk on the phone. The battery lasts for a full day of touring, or for weeks of daily commuting. I've ridden with mine in the rain and all winter in the cold with no problems at all.
    Mark M, St. Louis, '13 R1200GS, '01 Super Sherpa
    There are two roads in life; the twisty one is vastly more fun.

Sena here as well - great for father & son talks on the bike or father / daughter time about the birds & the bees & just talking.
    '91 K75S, '06 K1200S
    BMWMOA #119240
    YB # 1463
    NRA #154764753

Got the Scala Rider - happy with it
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator