Thread: Trailering RT

Trailering RT

Just bought a toy hauler & would like to be able to bring my RT along on trips, also a smaller bike. Who makes a good wheel chock that I can trust & won't break the bank? I would really like to be able to remove the chocks when not bringing the bikes, so moving about the trailer is easier.

Tahnks,

John.
    John.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JStrube View Post
    Just bought a toy hauler & would like to be able to bring my RT along on trips, also a smaller bike. Who makes a good wheel chock that I can trust & won't break the bank? I would really like to be able to remove the chocks when not bringing the bikes, so moving about the trailer is easier.

Tahnks,

John.
    Discount Ramps out of West Bend, WI has a great selection of what you're looking for - I did a product review of a wheel chock in an issue of the Owners News about two years ago - awesome product. Highly recommended!

Here is a link:

http://www.discountramps.com/bike-pro-wheel-chock.htm

Good luck, and enjoy your 'toy hauler.'
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

We have the same chocks in our toyhauler, the mounting plate is low profile with bevelled edges so it's barely noticeable with the chocks removed and the temp carpet down.
    We added several fold down anchor points as well to four point snug the bikes down.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Awesome, thanks guys!

What's the thought on the front wheel strap setup they sell? Sure would make strapping simpler.
    John.

ExMaTprinLowerAlabama
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    Discount Ramps out of West Bend, WI has a great selection of what you're looking for - I did a product review of a wheel chock in an issue of the Owners News about two years ago - awesome product. Highly recommended!

Here is a link:

http://www.discountramps.com/bike-pro-wheel-chock.htm

Good luck, and enjoy your 'toy hauler.'
    I 2nd discount ramps as well! I will note that they sell both "made in USA" and chinese stuff. I think the USA stuff is worth a few buck extras... I'd make sure it is!

Blue Sky Canadian

Baxley Sport Chock

Lynn and I got 1 of these from Discount Ramps. Highly recommended! Read the review in Web Bike World.

7. 03-27-2012, 07:53 PM