Thread: Will there be mutitrack training at the 2012 Rally?

Clay

Question Will there be mutitrack training at the 2012 Rally?

Notice I changed the title from the 2011 inquiry..but the meaning is still the same. Maybe someday somebody will recognize that there is a need to provide training for those other than single track or MSF's version Trike training
    Last edited by Clay; 10-18-2011 at 04:13 PM.

What are you waiting for?
    I would be interested...
    No, I am more than interested. I would like to have this happen!

Clay
    Quote Originally Posted by KCDakar View Post
    I would be interested...
    No, I am more than interested. I would like to have this happen!
    To have this 'happen' more interested people need to speak up..

Add me to the list. I'm attaching a Hannigan to my K12 the end of January. Been 30 years since I piloted a hack.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

Add me to the list too. I'm hoping/planning to have a Ural by then.

doug maccoy

Those interested need to step up and submit a plan to the board to make it happen. The rally is run by volunteers. It's great to have an idea but many are already stretched thin.

This club is huge and only a very few have paid positions. It's volunteers that keep the wheels turning. Put a plan together, cultivate some contacts, and make it happen. Don't know what steps to take? I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Those interested need to step up and submit a plan to the board to make it happen. The rally is run by volunteers. It's great to have an idea but many are already stretched thin.

This club is huge and only a very few have paid positions. It's volunteers that keep the wheels turning. Put a plan together, cultivate some contacts, and make it happen. Don't know what steps to take? I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.
    +1. The MOA is like a hardware store. We have lots of tools and supplies, but you need to provide the the vision for something new and much of the effort to help build it. If anyone is interested in pursuing this good idea, please contact Ray Zimmerman in our headquarters office (or by using the message form on our web site) and he will put you in touch with the appropriate person, which could be our Rider Education Coordinator, the BMW MOA Foundation, or our 2012 Rally Chair. Thanks!
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Director & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Sidecar Training at the 2012 Rally

Hi All,

I'm going to be presenting quite a few 2-wheel classes for the GS-Giants, Camp Gears and at the BMWMOA Rally.

If there is enough interest I'll find time to present one or two for three-wheels as well.

But here's the catch: Deb, the rally seminar chair, says she need to have a course description this month. Apparently the program goes to print, etc.

Soooo, if folks want a sidecar class I need to know what kind? Basic? Street? Off-Road? World sidecar travel? What?

Also would Thurday afternoon work? Classroom space on Friday and Saturday is limited.

Coach
    Attached Images Attached Images

angysdad
    I have only been hacking for 5 years, but I have become quite proficient...I had good advice from a seasoned sidecar racer. I would be interested in something beyond entry level (street) instruction EXCEPT I will not be able to attend the National this year. I hope someone can 'get-er-done', and establish a precedent.

At Bloomsburg, I managed to get about 30 hacks together, and know there were about 20 others at the rally. For the past 5-6 Nationals, hacks represented approx 1-1.5% of attendees. I hope those numbers can help in gauging possible interest.

If no instructional course is available, someone should step up and organize a sidecar gathering. Most of us do not know many (or any) other hackers in our respective areas, and welcome the chance to kick tires/tell lies with fellow enthusiasts.

ps...I got out for my first ride today!
    Last edited by angysdad; 03-18-2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: added missing word

Base level Me Me!

I was hacking from '83 to '99. But I will be restarting June. A good review and learning what i do wrong would enhance my confidence and safety. I would be happy to help where you need me. (Heck I'd be happy to be your only student if it comes to that!)

I'll be showing up on a Ural Gear Up. I used to ride two wheel dirt (IT 175, XT500) On road with a r1200rt. But planning blue line/dotted line roads for the Ural.