Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cross-country bike ship questions?

Thumbs up I give this one thumbs up

Hi, I just had one shipped from Portland Or. to Texas in December. I have nothing but praise on how it was handled. I'm not sure if they are the least expensive but they did do everything they said they would do and did it well. Here is the contact.
    You can ask for BARB.
    1-800-747-4100 or 309-694-4500...ext.2219
    email: BARBFUGATE@FEDERALCOS.COM

Mileage on my distance was 2105 miles..total charge was $639.00 and that was from door to door. they put it in a crate when they pick it up and it stays in that crate until they deliver it. That price included insurance also.
    If you have any questions just email me....rs100beemer@yahoo.com

1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Enclosed shipping

Hi, I just had one shipped from Portland Or. to Texas in December. I have nothing but praise on how it was handled. I'm not sure if they are the least expensive but they did do everything they said they would do and did it well. Here is the contact.
    You can ask for BARB.
    1-800-747-4100 or 309-694-4500...ext.2219
    email: BARBFUGATE@FEDERALCOS.COM

Mileage on my distance was 2105 miles..total charge was $639.00 and that was from door to door. they put it in a crate when they pick it up and it stays in that crate until they deliver it. That price included insurance also.

1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

On the Road
    recently shipped an R80G/S from near Palo Alto, CA to Tulsa, OK.
    pretty stressful to say the least. went through a broker... quickly learn not to trust brokers.

while brokers serve a necessary function of keeping track where truckers are. they will deliver you to a wolf without blinking an eye.

the first trucking company he signed me up with seemed OK, until I started reading fine print in their contract. which gave them wholesale rights to do anything they wanted. including adding extra charges to just about everything. while giving no guarantees for delivery times. or who/where your bike could end up with. then they wanted to be paid 100% up front.... red flags goes up!

a Google search dug up a HUGE number of complaints. when one sees one or two complaints... no problems, no one is perfect. but when complaint after complaints shows up on Google.... warning signals goes up.

called up the broker and pitched a bitch about finding ALL the complaints against shipper he just had me put a deposit up with. told him I wanted a refund immediately....

to his credit... he quickly got to work and found a owner/operator that checked out on a Google search for complaints. new shipper charged only a deposit with balance due upon delivery. he picked up bike on time, maintained good communication and delivered bike in good condition to me ... on time.

moral of the story is ... brokers while necessary ... are not to be trusted. always double check who he is setting you up with before spending any $$$. Never pay 100% up front. get it in writing.

-------------
    posted on 1-06-12 on ADV

Motorcycle Transport
    Larry at B&B Motorcycle Transport just unloaded my R80G/S PD in Tulsa, OK.
    Picked up in Palo Alto Cal 7 days ago.

Not connected in any way with B&B ... just wanted to let everyone know Larry did everything he promised and delivered my bike on time in good condition. His semi rig is specifically laid out to transport motorcycles. Once your motorcycle is loaded into trailer, it doesn't leave trailer until it's unloaded at destination.

He's now headed for Houston, then back north to Arkansas then Wisconsin. give him a call at 209 495 3729 cell... email: blacksheep99@sbcglobal.net

from what I can tell he's an owner/operator for his own big rig. Have no idea what he will charge you, but I was charged $595 from Palo Alto, Cal to Tulsa, OK... $100 deposit upon pickup, balance upon delivery. As you can tell... very happy with his service... good communication. would do business with again.

there's an elevator inside trailer that allows double decker carry up to 30 bikes.

Call Keyboard, I've shipped several bikes through them...from individual to individual and individual to dealer, never a problem. They operate out of Kentucky, are well coordinated and you communicate directly with their operations person, no in between person. They use a custom made transport device for each bike, which gives good protection and much flexibility in pickup and delivery. Most recent shipping was an R1200RT from Fort Wayne, Indiana to Portland, OR. At keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com
    MOA #46783

Going to combine these two shipping threads...hang on
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Bike shipping

I bought a R60/2 in Huntington Beach, CA and had it shipped to Michigan via Allied Van Lines. Bike came in on a metal pallet supplied by Allied. We agreed to meet at a Wal Mart parking lot. Just as I started to load it on my trailer the trailer tong broke. He said, "No problem" and followed me to my house about another 20 miles. Can't say enough good things about Allied plus Allied has a tracking system so you can follow the bike across the country. Whole price was $710 two years ago. bobc

I have used Keyboard 2x with excellent results but I saw recently that they no longer work west of El Paso except for selected cities.I have also used uSHIP 2x with good results.