Thread: Weather in July?

Question Weather in July?

Is there a place to get the average temps and weather pattern for July in Ohio? July in Illinois could get a bit like a frypan, 110 F, funnel clouds, major thunderstorms, all the really fun outdoor activities. I found a motel room only 17 miles away, but $100 a night (they are really taking us for a ride). So I'm rethinking camping.

I'm also wondering about shipping my big tent rather than try to pack it on the bike. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks.

doug maccoy

Long Gone
    Doug,

Visit the Rally page -

http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally05/index.htm

where you will find a link to weather in Lima, as well as information on renting camping supplies at the rally.
    Chris

1973 R75/5, traded in on...
    2004 R1150RT
    1989 Yamaha Razz

I could not find the July weather on the above link. look at the link below and put inthe dates you want for the weather history.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...lyHistory.html

Quote Originally Posted by vetsurginc
    Is there a place to get the average temps and weather pattern for July in Ohio? July in Illinois could get a bit like a frypan, 110 F, funnel clouds, major thunderstorms, all the really fun outdoor activities. I found a motel room only 17 miles away, but $100 a night (they are really taking us for a ride). So I'm rethinking camping.

I'm also wondering about shipping my big tent rather than try to pack it on the bike. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks.

doug maccoy
    There usually is a shipping address provided at the rally site that you can ship you stuff to. Also a shipping service at the rally to ship your stuff home.
    gsjay
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294

Camping at Beemerville

$100 a night for a motel? Yee-OUCH!

Here is what I heard one guy is going to do. He is bringing his big tent, and IF IT'S HOT - he plans to buy a very small air conditioner at WalMart - to stick out the side of the tent. He says it will be cheaper than a motel room.

HAHAHAHAAaaaaa!

The camping at Beemerville should be very nice. Good luck with your decision.

And Hey -- WideBMW... thanks for the weather link. I'll ask our webteam to put this link on our rally page.

Sue
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Director - Ambassador
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Unregistered

Cool Camping in Beemerville

I'd rather rent-a-tent from the sherpas than go through the hassle of shipping both ways. Probably the same price too. As far as the funnel clouds go, if they're west to east on Monday then I'm good to go.
    Hooyah.

Unregistered

Smile Weather in Beemerville

Quote Originally Posted by widebmw
    I could not find the July weather on the above link. look at the link below and put inthe dates you want for the weather history.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...lyHistory.html
    Thanks for the link. Ah yes... hot and wet...reminds me of nights on the Mekong. Will there be fireworks? LOL.....Cheers.

Tanks for the info!

Thanks for the tips. Camping looking stronger as the Kids Ride starts shaping up.

Only down side I can see to the commercial tenters is their tents a zero lot line setups! Now I realize some snores will permiate the entire campground, but toe to toe is too much

Yer not likely to see 110; that is pretty rare record stuff for us. Typical would be low 80's, humid, and there is always a chance of a downpour/thunderstorm in the midwest in July.................Tornadoes are more springtime, and not overly common visitors in Allen County.................Heat in the 90's is possible but not common either. Who knows...........................

Human Beans live in Lima