Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Satellite Radio Issue/Ipod Issue

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9

    Satellite Radio Issue/Ipod Issue

    My Satellite radio stopped orbiting after 1500 miles. It would show Linking,but never would. They replaced the satellite Base unit to no avail. BMW is sending a new radio with hope of sending my satellite radio back into orbit and function. We shall see.

    My Ipod is still a no go. Perhaps the new radio will allow it to work more than 25 minutes before it shows no USB connection and becomes silent. I'am using the BMW 2/1 Auxilary Cable/USB cable that is necessary to access the USB function on the radio. Again.we will see.

    That is all..........


    PS,still the nicest motorcycle I have ever owned.

  2. #2
    Registered User mneblett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    1,729
    Quote Originally Posted by 57525 View Post
    My Ipod is still a no go. Perhaps the new radio will allow it to work more than 25 minutes before it shows no USB connection and becomes silent. I'am using the BMW 2/1 Auxilary Cable/USB cable that is necessary to access the USB function on the radio. Again.we will see.
    Have your dealer hook up your bike for firmware updates -- the latest update (only a few days old) fixed the "No USB" problem on my GTL.

    I don't know whether your dealer will charge for the update; it ties the machine and a tech up for quite a while.
    Mark Neblett
    Fairfax, VA
    #32806

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
    Have your dealer hook up your bike for firmware updates -- the latest update (only a few days old) fixed the "No USB" problem on my GTL.

    I don't know whether your dealer will charge for the update; it ties the machine and a tech up for quite a while.
    Thanks, will do.

  4. #4
    Fairbanks. AK
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    19
    It would help all to know the status of the Firmware/Software/Whateverware updates. I've not seen a list on any Forum yet, but will ask my dealer tomorrow if BMW provides a list to the service folks.

    They may not do it for free, but what good's a warranty if it doesn't cover improvements that address operating issues?

    Gary

  5. #5
    Registered User realworld51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canton, MI USA
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike34 View Post
    It would help all to know the status of the Firmware/Software/Whateverware updates. I've not seen a list on any Forum yet, but will ask my dealer tomorrow if BMW provides a list to the service folks.

    They may not do it for free, but what good's a warranty if it doesn't cover improvements that address operating issues?

    Gary
    If your dealer is doing his job, your bike will be connected to the BMW diagnostic system at every service visit and applicable software updates will be installed. Or not...
    Steve W
    Canton, MI USA
    2012 K 1600 GT (from 8/6/2011)

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9

    Smile Update

    Dealer replaced the radio and lo and behold the Satellite is back in orbit and the Ipod/USB cable is doing its job,ie. Ipod doesn't shut down after 30 mins use. All is well again and still loving this bke.

  7. #7
    BernieND
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LaPorte, Indiana
    Posts
    13

    iPod

    How do you put the iPod in the shuffle mode? I tried my iPhone, a classic newer iPod and a Nano with the bike. The bike would not recognize the Nano, rejected the iPhone after about 3 minutes, but liked the iPod, but would not allow me to shuffle it. They all work flawlessly with my 528i USB feature. Go figure.

  8. #8
    Biker gunnert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Catlett, VA
    Posts
    103
    I use a Nano and have no issues. I set it on shuffle before stowing it away. Works great.
    NoVA
    '12 K1600GT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •