Thread: Topcase for K16GT

Hybrid View

No longer a member here

Topcase for K16GT

Does anybody have a suggestion for a good alternative to the original BMW atrocity of a topcase for a K16GT? Givi, anybody else?
    MaxBMW sells the R1200RT topcase on ebay and claims it will fit the K16 also. I hear different. Does anybody know, if this is true?

The 1200RT case will fit the 1600GT ... I ordered the correct top box for my 1600 so I would not have to worry about color match and also the RT box will not work with central locking system on the 1600. For the small amount of money you will save on the RT box it's not worth it in my opinion.

PS
    If you want the 1600 box I'd order it pretty quick, as of three days ago there were only SIX avail in the US (Vermillion Red).

Good luck

No longer a member here
    Small amount of money????? Where did you get yours? My BMW dealer wants $1531.- for the box and an additional $452.- for mounting accessories. Plus 7.75% tax. The RT box is not even half of that.
    Also, the K box is huge and just plain ugly.

Have you actually tried to fit the RT box on a K16 or are you going by hearsay?

Hey Mike: are you looking for help or an argument? You asked for infomation and you got some. Then you attack what the person writes back to you! What gives? On top of all that you say the GT top box is an atrocity...says who? You, because you don't like the look? Really????? I happen to like the top case. What's your motive here???

Rick H.

No longer a member here
    Hey Rick: Attack? No offense intended. I am just trying to clarify what to do. He said small difference in price...Well, I guess it is a personal opinion if $1000.- is a small difference. Also, I really need to know if the RT case fits from somebody who has the definite experience. A lot of people say different things.

Also, liking the looks of the K box is also a personal issue. I do think its an atrocity.
    It is huge and it is shaped like a lump. Is it not proper behavior here to express ones opinion?

The 49 liter GT trunk looks very similar to the 49 liter trunk from the R1200RT and K1300GT. I wonder why the GT trunk costs so much more? Does the $1531 price include the larger GTL backrest and extra brakelight?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lee; 03-20-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT