Thread: Hello from the Sacramento CA area

Hello from the Sacramento CA area

Hello...

I'm David, and I just bought my first motorcycle since high school (and that was a long time ago!). I picked up a 2007 R1200RT, and the bug has firmly attached itself to me...now if the rain will stop long enough to ride, I'll be a happy camper. LOL

I had an epiphany a month or so ago when I put $80 worth of gas in my Expedition (without filling it) for my daily 52 mile commute to work. I started crunching numbers and realized I have been paying $800 a month in fuel the last three months. Time for a Plan B! The wife suggested we accelerate our plan to get motorcycles (it has always been a 'long range' plan), and last week we brought home our new toys. I've always loved the BMW Touring bikes since working around them in a police traffic unit (I was a car driver; never rode in official service), and found one at the local dealer I couldn't pass up. The wife? Well, she got her lifelong dream of owning a Harley, but I suspect in a year or so, I'll have her on a more comfortable ride...we'll see. I'll bet I'll be more comfortable after a day's ride than she will be! LOL

Anyway, just wanted to post a hello. I'm sure I'll be lurking around here, and I look forward to meeting people around my area, as well as other places when I start traveling on the bike.
    David W.
    Public Safety Professional since 1985
    2007 R1200RT
    Dominus pascit me

Nice intro David, welcome to the forum. Hopefully, along with the savings you and your wife can have some fun. Ride safe, Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

The River City Beemers has some events going on this spring.

http://www.rcb.org/