Thread: "Brand-nOOb" BMW Owner

"Brand-nOOb" BMW Owner

Just joined the site today! Hello! I am picking up my 1st BMW on the 26th of this month in Atlanta, a 2005 R1200GS. I'm glad to find this community and hope to meet up with fellow members for a beer and conversation if our paths cross.

Where do I find my MOA Membership number??? I can't update my profile without it. What am I missing...besides my MOA Membership #? LOL

Ed
    "BMW ADVENTURER"

Ed -

Welcome...glad you found a nice bike and the forum. As for the MOA number, you should receive a package with all that information soon. Otherwise, you might try contacting the home office. Go to the MOA home page and look for the Contact link...maybe send a message to Beth.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Welcome, fellow adventurer!

Great bike you have, if I may say so! There are quite a few adventure riders in your area, including the GS Giant King. Click on the link below and find a bunch of friends you never knew you had.

Hope to see you getting dirty this summer!

Ed - are you getting your bike at BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta or Blue Moon Cycles?

Either are great shops.

Please check out the the GS Giant Adventure Event, at this year's rally in July. It's a great way to meet new adventure friends.

And... great user name!

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Hello All

Wow! Thanks for all the cool replies. Thanks also for the contacts. I'll definitely by ringing them up.

Visian: I'm actually completing a Florida/Mexico City purchase off the fleamarket on ADVRIDER The guy I'm purchasing it from has bought a KTM 990 Adventure off the same forum and is riding my bike to Atlanta and then getting on his bike to go over to March Moto Madness. Unfortunately I have to ride it straight to FLorida and go to work the next day...

Excited to get the bike though! 14 days and counting!

Thanks Again Everyone for the warm welcome,
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by BMWAdventurer View Post
    Visian: I'm actually completing a Florida/Mexico City purchase off the fleamarket on ADVRIDER .... Unfortunately I have to ride it straight to FLorida and go to work the next day...
    ah, so THAT'S how we wound up with someone from Mexico coming to March Moto Madness.

Well, good luck with the handoff. Maybe I should ride into town and take some pics?

ian