Thread: Park-n-move Alternatives

Park-n-move Alternatives

Hello,

Are there any quality alternatives to the Park-n-Move dolly? I've heard that Wunderlich used to make a similar product at a similar price. Is there anything else?

Thanks
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

na1g
    The Aerostich catalog shows a virtually identical "Center Stand Saddle Dolly" for $247 (Item # 3642) Aerostich's is aluminum and looks to be made out of a single piece, unlike the welded steel model. I don't know why aluminum would be better for this application since weight is not an issue, but it looks very nice in the catalog.

p

Quote Originally Posted by na1g View Post
    The Aerostich catalog shows a virtually identical "Center Stand Saddle Dolly" for $247 (Item # 3642) Aerostich's is aluminum and looks to be made out of a single piece, unlike the welded steel model. I don't know why aluminum would be better for this application since weight is not an issue, but it looks very nice in the catalog.

p
    Everything looks nice in the Aerostich catalog. However, beyond the in-house produced clothing, the prices are a tad high. IMHO
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Both of my bikes are sitting on Legal Speeding's dollys. I find they work as advertised. The do weigh a lot, but I only pick them up about once a year.
    BMW R bike rider, horizontally opposed to everything...

Forgive me the question but is there some reason you're looking for an alternative to the Park~N~Move from legal speeding?

I think one of the more important issues with almost any product we buy has to be how well is the customer served if there's a problem with the item.

I have the one from Legal Speeding. Early on, he got a bad batch of wheels. I had two crack about the same time. A quick phone call and within 3 days, had new wheels on the P~N~M, with an apology from the guy I spoke with [I believe Aaron was his name].

Really good product and excellent service. What's not to like?
    Last edited by SteveAikens; 03-12-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention - NO CHARGE!
    Nom de Plume:
    Steve Aikens, Clovis, NM
    BMW MOA #6218
    IBA# 442

Quote Originally Posted by SteveAikens View Post
    Forgive me the question but is there some reason you're looking for an alternative to the Park~N~Move from legal speeding?

Really good product and excellent service. What's not to like?
    While it appears to of good quality, it's a simple design that could easily be produced at a lower cost in volume. In my opinion, it would be foolish to make a purchase without checking the alternatives. If there are no alternatives, I'll buy the Park-n-move.

There are alternatives. like the one shown on Riderwarehouse. That I saw, they're either higher in cost, huge or questionable in quality.

BTW, no interest in in the P~N~M - just a really satisfied user.
    Nom de Plume:
    Steve Aikens, Clovis, NM
    BMW MOA #6218
    IBA# 442

36654, PM sent.
    Kevin Huddy
    Intrepid Incompetent
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

P n m

No interest in the company. Have two of them. Great product.
    Gear Up and Ride Safe
    Jim Rogers
    2010 R12GSA aka Heidi
    Yorktown, Va

Cost -

As a guy who has worked in the steel business in the past and who looks at everything with an eye as to how it was made...the price for the P-N-M is fair.

Very heavy 1020 steel plate, a lot of very specific bends and stamping and there are six drilled holes (as I recall). The wheel assemblies are very high grade and do not come cheap.

Believe me, if I could have had it fabbed for a fraction of the price, I would have done so - in the end I bought Aaron's product

Registered User RapidRoadRescue's Avatar
    Indian Creek, IL 60061 (AKA Vernon Hills, IL)
    I got 2nd generation (one piece ) P n M for sale.
    Paid $199 plus shipping,I will sell it for $160 plus postage.

Martin
    The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. Now, the guy who invented the second wheel... he was the genius.
    www.motorcycleworkshop.net
    www.rapidroadrescue.com