Thread: bikerjourneys.com blog

bikerjourneys.com blog

Fellow BMWMOA members

I was encouraged by a good friend to start my own blog of our travels on the BMW. My friend, Doc DeVore, does all the administrative duties for the site and has set it up for me. I'm the editor and writer, Donna does the proof reading. This blog is still a work in progress, but I now have a few ride reports up. Soon, we hope to a have a site link up for my photography - Doc kept telling me I should sell some of my photos ( the outdoor scenic landscapes) and he is fronting the effort to get this done.
    But for now, drop by and take a look, http://www.bikerjourneys.com
    The latest ride report has us meeting a fellow "K" rider for dinner Wednesday night at the Grill a Burger in Rancho Mirage, CA.

Enjoy

Steven
    1991 K100RS
    BMWMOA # 69791

Looks pretty cool! Ironically we use the same WordPress theme on our blog too! And try to do pretty much the same.
    Chris Ehlbeck
    BMWMOA 168990
    Chris & Donna's Motorcycle Journeys

It looks very nice. Is this a site to document an upcoming interesting trip, or is this for a friends-and-family audience?

Here are some moto-photos you might enjoy:

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/johnson/hilites/
    Last edited by 39520; 03-12-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Ed Kilner #176066

Not iPad friendly

Some sites are not iPad friendly. Tend to cause the Safari browser to crash. Yours is one of them.

I did do an update of newest version of the OS a few days ago, because a member of this forum said one of the fixes was to avoid the crashes. It did seem to reduce problems, until i tried your site.

I think this may be a Wordpress issue, as other blogs work fine. Not saying Wordpress is at fault, just interacts badly with the iPad.

Nice site from what i saw, but frustrating..
    Ed
    2011 R1200RT Thunder Gray Metallic; 2000 Triumph 900(sold)
    http://triumphantsblog.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Triumphant View Post
    Some sites are not iPad friendly. Tend to cause the Safari browser to crash. Yours is one of them.

I did do an update of newest version of the OS a few days ago, because a member of this forum said one of the fixes was to avoid the crashes. It did seem to reduce problems, until i tried your site.

I think this may be a Wordpress issue, as other blogs work fine. Not saying Wordpress is at fault, just interacts badly with the iPad.

Nice site from what i saw, but frustrating..
    WordPress has an option to make a site iPad friendly. You just have to activate it like you do for the option to display on a mobile browser. I think I have activated and set my iPad features up but since I'm a PC person I have no way of checking.
    Chris Ehlbeck
    BMWMOA 168990

Ed Kilner #176066
    Chris, your site comes up fine on my iPad, in iPad mode.

It is Steven's that gives me a problem and his comes up looking different than yours.

Sorry for any confusion.
    Ed
    2011 R1200RT Thunder Gray Metallic; 2000 Triumph 900(sold)
    http://triumphantsblog.blogspot.ca/

Actually Ed I was hoping Steven would see the post and that there's an iPad mode. Thanks for checking because now I know it works!
    Chris Ehlbeck
    BMWMOA 168990

Quote Originally Posted by cehlbeck View Post
    Actually Ed I was hoping Steven would see the post and that there's an iPad mode. Thanks for checking because now I know it works!

I'll have my site administrator get that widget fixed for I Pad users - thanks for the heads -up....should work soon

Thanks for taking a look guys

Steven