Two-pieces negatives

• when separated pants too loose
    • sleeves at zipper very tight
    • difficult to zip pants
    • front jacket pockets difficult to use

Two-piece $937.

Just my opinion.
    Totally agree w/Steve.

One additional thought: the one-piece Roadcrafter zippers have been upgraded to be more water-intrusion-resistant. I had the new zipper back-fitted to my nearly 10 year old Roadcrafter. That made a very good commuting/touring suit that much better.

I originally purchased a one-piece in part because I knew I didn't have the self-discipline to always wear riding pants, and with the Roadcrafter I'd never be too lazy and not have the leg protection. Fast forward 10 years, and I know today I have the self discipline, so now I also have a two-piece Aerostich Darien jaacket/AD-1 pants. Having both provies a lot of flexibility -- different gear for different situations, e.g., different bikes (more/less storage space), different weather, different activities (commuting, touring), different expected off-bike activities, etc.
    Mark Neblett
    Fairfax, VA

Like Don

I have the Olympia Phantom one piece. So far, i have not ridden with electrics under it. Actually let me clarify... i haven't ridden with the electrics plugged in... even when riding down into the 30's. Of course, my RT has a bit of coverage from the weather and the winds.

But there is plenty of room for me. Eventually i will figure out how to run the connection; just haven't had to so far.

And yes, the Phantom has a short body length. I'm only 5'5" and it fits me perfectly. (although i did have to have about 4"'s taken off of the legs... )
    Somers, NY

Just enjoying the ride.......

Quote Originally Posted by warredon View Post
    I have had the Olympia Phantom one piece suit for about five years now. I am able to wear my electric jacket liner under it. There are two zippers (an upper and a lower) on the long closure in the front. I route the power cord out through the bottom zipper and it works great.
    What about the controller for the vest? Does it route through the same zipper?
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE
    1984 Kawasaki 750 Turbo E1

warredon
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyfr View Post
    What about the controller for the vest? Does it route through the same zipper?

I have my controller mounted on my bars near the fairing. I have only the one cable from my heated liner and I plug it in alongside the seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by warredon View Post
    I have my controller mounted on my bars near the fairing. I have only the one cable from my heated liner and I plug it in alongside the seat.
    My controller is different. I use Tourmaster heated gear and the controller connects to the jacket, so I guess it wouldn't route through the zipper.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE
    1984 Kawasaki 750 Turbo E1

Quote Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
    I originally purchased a one-piece in part because I knew I didn't have the self-discipline to always wear riding pants, and with the Roadcrafter I'd never be too lazy and not have the leg protection.
    I bought a one-piece Roadcrafter for the same exact reason and am happy that I did. Now that I'm use to it, getting it on and off is a no-brainer. Even for a quick gas or snack break I don't find it difficult to take off and put back on.

As far as electrics, I wear my Gerbings jacket underneath in colder weather. For all the good things that the RC is, warm is not really one of them. I guess that's why it is decent in warmer weather. With the Gerbings on underneath, mine feels a bit tight but it is manageable. I run the controller cable through the side entry vent on the left hip and clip the controller on the flap for the front pocket.
    Craig
    New York's Hudson Valley Region
    2009 R1200RT
    MOA #146131 IBA #55715

1Piece suit

Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    I bought a one-piece Roadcrafter for the same exact reason and am happy that I did. Now that I'm use to it, getting it on and off is a no-brainer. Even for a quick gas or snack break I don't find it difficult to take off and put back on.

As far as electrics, I wear my Gerbings jacket underneath in colder weather. For all the good things that the RC is, warm is not really one of them. I guess that's why it is decent in warmer weather. With the Gerbings on underneath, mine feels a bit tight but it is manageable. I run the controller cable through the side entry vent on the left hip and clip the controller on the flap for the front pocket.
    Very happy with 1 piece Roadcrafter. Tech washed it a couple of times while new and it softened up well. Easy on and off for Quick stops is easy if you practice. Only need to slide pant leg zipper halfway up for number 1 stops. lol
    Had a two piece Darien that I liked a lot. But I was always cold. One piece is definitely warmer for me. Use an electric vest when very cold. Mostly wear a down parka under it Sept to June. Works very well.