Thread: New Dealership open in VA

PAULJR

New Dealership open in VA

Don't know if this has been mentioned previously but Frontline Eurosports in Salem VA is now open for business. We stopped by on Friday to see what the shop is like. Nice place nice folks, they handle BMW and Triumph. They have a nice selection of accessories and gear. Not too far off the parkway, stop by and say hi if you get in the neighborhood. Always good to see an addition as opposed to a subtraction.

no substitute for a good dealer network

ntxt
    "Enemy fighters at 2 o'clock!...Roger, What should i do until then?"

2010 r1200r, 2009 harley crossbones, 2008 triumph/sidecar, 1970 norton commando 750

Quote Originally Posted by PAULJR View Post
    Don't know if this has been mentioned previously but Frontline Eurosports in Salem VA is now open for business.
    Thanks for posting this, I'll be stopping by.
    14 R1200GSA, 93 R100R. No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.

Looks like another good reason to stop in Salem. I usually stop in and see my good friend David Adams, long time BMW rider and tech.

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Been waiting for months. Gotta ride the 90 miles as soon as my cold subsides.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Nice Place

A group of us (all 5 BMWs in the county and 2 Harleys) rode up to the new BMW/Triumph dealership in Salem today. Very nice store and nice folks with a well rounded supply of new bikes and accessories. They have quietly opened but they plan on a Grand Opening April 20 and 21. The Sales Manager is Jason who was formerly at Hammersley in Lynchburg as the parts manager. He is a super fellow with a wealth of information in his head.

Jason said they have a great mechanic that who was a Master Mechanic when he left Hammersley 14 years ago. He worked at 2 other distant BMW dealerships since then but wanted to move back home. Jason welcomed him with open arms.

Jason said they plan on a website with parts sales similar to what they had at Hammersley but they are just getting started and it will take some time.

http://www.frontlineeurosports.com/default.asp
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

I think I will ride down there tomorrow morning,

Is Hammersley still a BMW MC dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
    Is Hammersley still a BMW MC dealer?
    No. Hammersley sold out their chain of car dealerships and it included the motorcycle dealership. They decided to get out of the motorcycle business and we have been without a BMW dealership in western Virginia until now.

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    No. Hammersley sold out their chain of car dealerships and it included the motorcycle dealership. They decided to get out of the motorcycle business and we have been without a BMW dealership in western Virginia until now.
    Thanks. I had a good experience with them one time when I had an unexpected need for a dealer. Too bad they closed up the shop.

Frontline Euro

Well, I've been meaning to post a thread about Frontline Euro being open now in Salem VA. It is a couple miles off I-81, exit 140 on Route 419. I've visited several times, and have taken some pictures as an introductory to the folks you'll see there.

What you'll see from the street:

Jason, who many will know from Hammersleys, he is the Sales Manager:

Andrew the Service Manager:

Van, parts manager:

Bob Burch, Master BMW Tech:

Tiffany, Hottie, Apparel

Nate Jennings, Sales:

I haven't yet gotten a photo of the owner Hugh. That will come.
    Hank Pfister
    Copper Hill, VA
    pfestus1@yahoo.com
    2007 R1200GS, 1973 R75/5/Dnepr, 1984 R100RS/Motovation.
    www.twinvalleyriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcyclist View Post
    Thanks. I had a good experience with them one time when I had an unexpected need for a dealer. Too bad they closed up the shop.
    The new dealership is about 50 or 60 miles from where Hammersley was located in Lynchburg. The new dealership is more convenient for most people than Hammersley because it is near I-81 in Salem/Roanoke and Hammersley in Lynchburg is 40+ miles from any interstate.

Hammersley was a side business for the owners as they were in the car business but the new dealership have owners that are in the motorcycle business with another motorcycle dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULJR View Post
    Don't know if this has been mentioned previously but Frontline Eurosports in Salem VA is now open for business. We stopped by on Friday to see what the shop is like. Nice place nice folks, they handle BMW and Triumph. They have a nice selection of accessories and gear. Not too far off the parkway, stop by and say hi if you get in the neighborhood. Always good to see an addition as opposed to a subtraction.
    I have been there several times and have been treated very well. A freind bought a new bike there last week (Triumph) and is very happy with how he was treated. They have a large selection of bikes. Have not tried the parts yet but will very soon.

Frontline BMW great dealer. I was in today for some service work on my 1150 GS. All the folks are great to work with. Service manager [Andrew] went out of his way to help. No high pressure sales!! Give them a try!

Grand opening april 21

FRONTLINE EUROSPORTS

SPRING OPEN HOUSE/GRAND OPENING

SATURDAY APRIL 21 9 TILL 3

LIVE MUSIC BY MADRONE

FREE FOOD AND DRINKS

FANTASTIC DEALS
    10% OFF ALL AGV SPORTS
    10% OFF ALL APPAREL
    15% OFF ALL HELMETS
    ALL T-SHIRTS $20.00

50% OFF ALL NEW BIKES

well...all but the last one are true
    Hank Pfister
    Copper Hill, VA
    pfestus1@yahoo.com
    2007 R1200GS, 1973 R75/5/Dnepr, 1984 R100RS/Motovation.
    www.twinvalleyriders.com