Thread: Roundels

DUCMONZA

Question Roundels

I seem to remember seeing a company that made roundel covers for the telelever bolt covers and for the rear wheel hub. Does anyone have any idea where I could locate these items?
    Last edited by DUCMONZA; 03-04-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Forgot to add two words

Cool

Good luck with your search for whatever you wish to customize your ride with, but here's a little anecdotal information:

That 'hole' in the rear hub exists to help cool the bearing and lubricant in the FD. Closing it with something decorative may not be such a good idea.

Not my opinion - got that from a BMW Master Technician at Nick's BMW.

Just sayin' ...............
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Gonna be a bit difficult to find, as the company would need to license use of BMW's trademark.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Rally Rat

Cool

This what you are talking about?
    http://pirateslair.net/Shubcap.htm

This is for a K bike, but call Jerry and he may be able to get one for your application.

I heard the same thing about the hole being for cooling from my BMW tech. Don't know how true it is but FYI.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '10 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

Quote Originally Posted by RoboRider View Post
    I heard the same thing about the hole being for cooling from my BMW tech. Don't know how true it is but FYI.
    And all this time I thought it was just a place to put my wheel stand

I have heard the cooling thing as well, never read it in a BMWanese official manual...but read it a lot on the Internet.
    I have seen a lot of BMW logoed add ons, but sometimes you have to supply the official roundel from the company's store. The one mentioned from Verholen is that way I do believe.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

IIRC, Bob's BMW had some stick on roudels in a couple of different sizes. Might want to check there.

As do the ebay Chinese sellers have lots of non-official roundels. My R1150R "hubcap" which is about like an inch in dia. came from someone in AU selling them on www.r1150r.org several years ago. Have no idea who it was? The heat issue surely wouldn't apply to that little hole on that bike.

A&S Cycles has the rear wheel cap and the roundel to fit it. The roundel comes separately and sticks onto the cap. I have been very pleased with mine.
    Ken
    2004 R1150RT
    2013 F800R

I also saw that they have the telelever bolt covers on their website but not sure if they have the roundel to fit these. They have various sizes so I would assume they would.
    Ken
    2004 R1150RT
    2013 F800R

DUCMONZA
    Thanks for the info. I am going to have to post a picture later today to show what I am looking for. Fortunately, I am enojoying unusually warm Michigan weather today, and am going to take a nice lunchtime ride.

Rally Rat

Cool Warning

Lunch time rides can damage you work afternoon.
    Be safe.