Thread: BMW ProRain 3 Rain Suit

Hybrid View

BMW ProRain 3 Rain Suit

How many of you have this suit? I bought one and used the sizing chart that says I should fit an XL. All of my riding gear is sized Large (I'm 5'8" and 195 lbs), but when I took it out of the package it looked like it would fit a person that was 6' 5", and it was tight putting it on. Anyone have this problem?
    SABMWRA MOA #62
    2005 BMW R1200RT
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR LE
    1984 Kawasaki 750 Turbo E1

Quanto12
    The girlfriend and I both have one, and love it! I'm 6' at 195 lbs and I think mine is a XXL. Fits the very best over my suit!

The double sleeves on these suits are intriguing, as being a good way to keep rain out of gloves.

But I see one user reporting crotch leakage.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

In my opinion they're typical European sized and not American. Check out my report on the Motorrad RainLock 2 on my blog at http://swriding.blogspot.com
    IBA No. 58411
    Current Bike 1979 BMW 100RT; 2013 BMW R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition; 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary Edition

Quote Originally Posted by rapz View Post
    In my opinion they're typical European sized and not American. Check out my report on the Motorrad RainLock 2 on my blog at http://swriding.blogspot.com
    rapz,

From your write-up I couldn't tell what size pants you purchased but presume I would need an XL or a XXL jacket. I am 6'3" with a 44 chest, 34 waist and 34 inseam. Based on your size and sizes purchased what would you recommend I pursue? I am very interested in this suit but my one and only dealer doesn't carry it. Living in Hawaii I will not need a size to fit over a regular riding jacket. Since I commute daily I would wear this during the rainy season most days to ensure I arrive at the office dry.

Thank you for in advance for your input.

Aloha.

Scot

I'm out of town attending Indy 500 so as soon as I get home I'll check what size I use. I think it's a Large. I'm 5'10" with 34 waist & 41 chest so you would be in the XL or XXL. I get back to you.
    IBA No. 58411
    Current Bike 1979 BMW 100RT; 2013 BMW R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition; 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic 105th Anniversary Edition