Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Airheads.org

DoktorT
    I'd be interested in knowing if, after some 8 months, the site is now working good. I know there was reported issues with copyrighted material being misused. Did they get things working reliably????

I actually don't visit the site very much. A few of the key tech articles that I relied on are not back up, per the original author's wishes. One in particular was Joe 'Cudas relay article. I've not heard Joe mention that he plans on hosting it anywhere else.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I'll have to check out the site again, as I was trying to renew online, but could not. My subscription to the publications ran out as well, so maybe I'm just back to square one now.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by lkraus View Post
    On my desktop computer, the ISP provided software is set to update automatically. Currently it is running McAfee Security Center 11.6.435, McAfee Virus Scan 15.6.231, McAfee Personal Firewall 12.6.186, McAfee Site Advisor 3.4.1.195.

My laptop runs Microsoft Security Essentials, also updated automatically.

I've never received any warning messages about this site on either computer.
    That was then. Today, whenever I visit here, McAfee is blocking what it claims is a Trojan(JS/Exploit-Blacole.gq) stored in my FireFox cache. Notifications are popping up randomly, though seem to be more frequent when I change forums, or change to a different thread.

I shut down Firefox, deleted the Firefox, IE and Java caches, rebooted, and ran a complete scan which found no problems. I visited several other websites with no problems. As soon as I came back to bmwmoa.org the notifications resumed.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

They're back.....

All "Garage" forums plus this one. Probably others as well.

16:20 PST
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

the site www.airheads.org seems to be working as of this post

8:18 pm Eastern US time

Using Linux Ubuntu op sys and either Chrome Browser or Links Text based Browser

But came up with this image warning when I made this post
    Attached Images Attached Images

I sure do wish and think it would be nice if the moderators or powers that be at the MOA would give us all a heads up and let us know what has happened, what has been done. Like gee wiz guys, I thought we were family.

The forum had to come down due to the viruses and needed the upgrade. To be truthful, we don't have a good way to mass email all users about what is happening. About all we can do is build on the fact that we were having issues (you probably saw some warnings from your virus package) and then when you come back you either saw the "404" message or you saw a screen that said the forums were closed for posting. It's not a good situation, but about all that could be done over a short period of time.

Things should be working better now.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!