Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Airheads.org

Hacked

The ABC website was compromised by hackers who gained access to our serverÔÇÖs server. The person who is updating our site identified 2 files on our site which appear to be hacker files. He notified our server people of the problem. Other websites that use the same server were compromised. Right now we do not have any idea as to when we will be back in operation. The same server was hacked in January & they fixed that within a few days. Now it was hacked again this past Thursday.

David Cushing
    Tom
    '84 R100RT '04 CLC(gone) Honda NT700V
    BMW
    Beer Motorcycles Women

Quote Originally Posted by MIAirhead View Post
    Anyone else getting this error, trying to go site? Get in with Droid cell, Firefox, and IE.
    Been a couple of days now. I know Web Master been working on upgrading site.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRequest::getUInt() in /home/airheads/airheads.org/components/com_content/models/articles.php on line 70
    They sell smart phones in Michigan?
    Helmut always wears a Helmet.

I'm looking forward to seeing the site...
    07 R1200R - 75 R90/6 - 67 R50/2 - 75 R90S
    1983 Suzuki GS1100E
    2007 Honda CRF450X

Cannot access Airheads.org

Yep, me too!
    If I'd known riding was this much fun, I'd have been born with wheels!

new kid
    the new site that was up for a week or so before crashing was still pretty wonky as far as modern usability is concerned, but hopefully this downtime will give them more opportunity to improve it. who knows. no idea what kind of system they are using for it, but seems like they could port it all over to something more easily upgradeable and maintainable like wordpress, but then i guess it would be a bit of a hassle to transfer everything over to a new system and "teach an old dog a new trick" so to speak.

by the sounds of it over the various threads i've seen on the club, they aren't really that concerned with modern usability or design, haha. but maybe with some young blood trickling in, that may change. heck, i'd even offer to lend a hand as i am an art director/designer by trade. but then again, someone in the club would have to email me back with my simple seeming problems, haha. oh well.

i'm looking forward to one day being able to log into the site and "participating".

doktortim
    Quote Originally Posted by MIAirhead View Post
    The ABC website was compromised by hackers who gained access to our serverÔÇÖs server.
    Internet vandals.............doesn't take very many to reek havok on whoever just because HS BS is so much fun. So Kewl, Man.

Hope they don't have to wipe the hard drives and start from scratch. Hope they have backups from just before the attack. Hope they can solve things without more than a few days effort.

If you could find such a pissant, it would be fun to pound them to dust with monkey wrenches.

The ABC website was compromised by hackers who gained access to our serverÔÇÖs server.
    It probably never even occurred to ABC to notify it's membership of the fact and suggest they all might want to change their passwords, etc.

As if the BMWMOA hack, and Google's policy changes this week weren't enough, I was wondering where this latest deluge of SPAM in my inbox was coming from.

Probably unfair to say, but...
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Backup

I happy to find the Airheads.org is back up, partially.
    Tom
    '84 R100RT '04 CLC(gone) Honda NT700V
    BMW
    Beer Motorcycles Women

back up here
    95 R100Rt, 07 650 GS
    Mike
    Eagle, wi
    "He's gone and nothin gone bring him back"

On the Road
    Quote Originally Posted by apt13 View Post
    i actually just joined a few weeks ago and have never been able to access the site at all. emailed them a few times but nobody will get back to me. i received a postcard with my number and actually just got an issue of airmail the other day, but still can't get anyone to help with accessing the site. kinda bummed about it.
    Just posting something here in hopes that maybe someone from Airheads will see this. If so, please PM me. Im in the same boat as above. Paid for membership over a month ago and never heard anything else. Got the postcard, but theres nowhere on the site to enter my number. Clicking on "Create Account" does nothing after I enter info. All my emails to them are met with fatal errors, regardless of browser. So...

TO ANYONE FROM AIRHEADS.ORG....PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!!

doktortim
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL83 View Post
    Just posting something here in hopes that maybe someone from Airheads will see this. If so, please PM me. Im in the same boat as above. Paid for membership over a month ago and never heard anything else. Got the postcard, but theres nowhere on the site to enter my number. Clicking on "Create Account" does nothing after I enter info. All my emails to them are met with fatal errors, regardless of browser. So...

TO ANYONE FROM AIRHEADS.ORG....PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!!
    You might try sending this to Airheads@micapeak.com. That is the ABC list and there are already several who have posted similar problems and been helped.

I have already passed this issue along to the assistant membership person. He indicated to me that they are working on a membership update in the next 2 weeks. So those who have recently joined are in some limbo. The ABC member indicated they would look into changing the process to help minimize the registration frustration.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Why does McAfee keep warning me of the behavior

of this site and that it may be dangerous to be here?

Something is not right. Any ideas?
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

I'm not getting anything with Avast. I visited the forum quite a bit today at work (sssshhhh!) and I have McAfee there...no warnings whatsoever.

Make sure everything's up to date.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Just installed and updated the newest version of McAfee this morning. On another site BMWST, there was a post by a person who was experiencing the same issue with this site and McAfee.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.