Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Airheads.org

Hybrid View

Airheads.org

Anyone else getting this error, trying to go site? Get in with Droid cell, Firefox, and IE.
    Been a couple of days now. I know Web Master been working on upgrading site.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRequest::getUInt() in /home/airheads/airheads.org/components/com_content/models/articles.php on line 70
    Tom
    '84 R100RT '04 CLC(gone) Honda NT700V
    BMW
    Beer Motorcycles Women

+1...I thought it would clear by now...
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

dont work for me? How about that new site?
    95 R100Rt, 07 650 GS
    Mike
    Eagle, wi
    "He's gone and nothin gone bring him back"

new kid
    i actually just joined a few weeks ago and have never been able to access the site at all. emailed them a few times but nobody will get back to me. i received a postcard with my number and actually just got an issue of airmail the other day, but still can't get anyone to help with accessing the site. kinda bummed about it.

doktortim
    I am getting the impression that little more than a change of facade has yet been done. Don't know just what else they will do in the near future. Do know I got some feedback from the assist. memb. that sounds just like the head memb. guy.

The gist of the attitude pervasive, You got a problem?? We like our hoops just fine. It's your job to figure out how to jump through them. If you can't do that, we don't want you as a member.

The webmaster has been quite the opposite. Send him an inquiry and not more than a few hours if not minutes he fixes the problem for you. I sure hope he doesn't get replaced for any reason. At least 3 times he has got me logged on when that system don't want to work which has been almost always over the last several years.

Something like 90% of the sites I visit offer:

Quick and easy login, easy to find and change address, easy to confirm dues status and secure online payment. No stamps or email back and forth required at all. This is simple enough to do that it has become the norm for most volunteer and private and commercial sites.

Still hoping for improvements to more than just the facade.

Despite the website problems, the value of just one Barley Therapy session always exceeds the piddling $25 yearly dues.

Sooner or later the current crop of volunteers will be replaced and hopefully with people that like to solve problems, not maintain and perpetuate them.

mymindsok
    The site is working perfectly for me, as-is. Of course I'm using Opera but it's working for other people as well.!

Remember, youre going to have to sign in with your AH ID # and not all of the sites functions are up and running yet.

Give the web team some time. They're doing a good job despite the lousy wages.
    Last edited by mymindsok; 03-03-2012 at 08:03 PM.

new kid
    Quote Originally Posted by doktortim View Post
    The webmaster has been quite the opposite. Send him an inquiry and not more than a few hours if not minutes he fixes the problem for you. I sure hope he doesn't get replaced for any reason. At least 3 times he has got me logged on when that system don't want to work which has been almost always over the last several years.
    that's who i keep emailing over the last couple weeks and have never heard back on what to do about logging in. i guess i'll keep trying. i assume i'm caught up in some kind of limbo during their changeover.

as of today I've been getting the same error listed above, site doesn't even open. but then again i'm on safari and for some reason they said it doesn't support safari, which is silly and needlessly complicating in this day and age.

oh well, not the end of my life, i'd just like access.

Airheads

From David Cushing during PA Supertech weekend

I am doing a survey, on my own, to see what ABC members would like to see for a revamped website. The current website was started in the late 20th century and IÔÇÖd like to bring it into the 21st century.

To my knowledge, this has never been done before as the site was established by a couple of people when the club was formed. The software used to make the site was never updated (version 1.0 was used) and now the software is up to version 1.7. Many things were updated, corrected & changed with the later versions. The person responsible for the website did not do his volunteered duties and when he left, he sabotaged part of the program, thus the ongoing problems with the site today.

The club directors have hired an expert in the software used and he is in the process of making things right and updating the system. You can expect to see some results in the weeks/months to come.

In the meantime, I would like to gather your opinions as to what youÔÇÖd consider would be a great ABC website where you can find the information you need to answer your questions or to see what is happening in the ABC/airhead world.

dacush@ptd.net

Take a moment to think of what you want or have found elsewhere that impressed you. Thank you for your help in establishing the best site on the internet for airhead concerns.

David Cushing

ABC #7506

Deputy Membership Chair
    Tom
    '84 R100RT '04 CLC(gone) Honda NT700V
    BMW
    Beer Motorcycles Women

On the Road
    Quote Originally Posted by apt13 View Post
    i actually just joined a few weeks ago and have never been able to access the site at all. emailed them a few times but nobody will get back to me. i received a postcard with my number and actually just got an issue of airmail the other day, but still can't get anyone to help with accessing the site. kinda bummed about it.
    Just posting something here in hopes that maybe someone from Airheads will see this. If so, please PM me. Im in the same boat as above. Paid for membership over a month ago and never heard anything else. Got the postcard, but theres nowhere on the site to enter my number. Clicking on "Create Account" does nothing after I enter info. All my emails to them are met with fatal errors, regardless of browser. So...

TO ANYONE FROM AIRHEADS.ORG....PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!!

doktortim
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL83 View Post
    Just posting something here in hopes that maybe someone from Airheads will see this. If so, please PM me. Im in the same boat as above. Paid for membership over a month ago and never heard anything else. Got the postcard, but theres nowhere on the site to enter my number. Clicking on "Create Account" does nothing after I enter info. All my emails to them are met with fatal errors, regardless of browser. So...

TO ANYONE FROM AIRHEADS.ORG....PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!!
    You might try sending this to Airheads@micapeak.com. That is the ABC list and there are already several who have posted similar problems and been helped.

Quote Originally Posted by MIAirhead View Post
    Anyone else getting this error, trying to go site? Get in with Droid cell, Firefox, and IE.
    Been a couple of days now. I know Web Master been working on upgrading site.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRequest::getUInt() in /home/airheads/airheads.org/components/com_content/models/articles.php on line 70
    They sell smart phones in Michigan?
    Helmut always wears a Helmet.

Why does McAfee keep warning me of the behavior

of this site and that it may be dangerous to be here?

Something is not right. Any ideas?
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

I'm not getting anything with Avast. I visited the forum quite a bit today at work (sssshhhh!) and I have McAfee there...no warnings whatsoever.

Make sure everything's up to date.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Just installed and updated the newest version of McAfee this morning. On another site BMWST, there was a post by a person who was experiencing the same issue with this site and McAfee.
    I used to post here, but now I don't.

Hmmm...can you post what the warning message is?