Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Airheads.org

Airheads.org

Anyone else getting this error, trying to go site? Get in with Droid cell, Firefox, and IE.
    Been a couple of days now. I know Web Master been working on upgrading site.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRequest::getUInt() in /home/airheads/airheads.org/components/com_content/models/articles.php on line 70
    Tom
    '84 R100RT '04 CLC(gone) Honda NT700V
    BMW
    Beer Motorcycles Women

+1...I thought it would clear by now...
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

dont work for me? How about that new site?
    95 R100Rt, 07 650 GS
    Mike
    Eagle, wi
    "He's gone and nothin gone bring him back"

new kid
    i actually just joined a few weeks ago and have never been able to access the site at all. emailed them a few times but nobody will get back to me. i received a postcard with my number and actually just got an issue of airmail the other day, but still can't get anyone to help with accessing the site. kinda bummed about it.

doktortim
    I am getting the impression that little more than a change of facade has yet been done. Don't know just what else they will do in the near future. Do know I got some feedback from the assist. memb. that sounds just like the head memb. guy.

The gist of the attitude pervasive, You got a problem?? We like our hoops just fine. It's your job to figure out how to jump through them. If you can't do that, we don't want you as a member.

The webmaster has been quite the opposite. Send him an inquiry and not more than a few hours if not minutes he fixes the problem for you. I sure hope he doesn't get replaced for any reason. At least 3 times he has got me logged on when that system don't want to work which has been almost always over the last several years.

Something like 90% of the sites I visit offer:

Quick and easy login, easy to find and change address, easy to confirm dues status and secure online payment. No stamps or email back and forth required at all. This is simple enough to do that it has become the norm for most volunteer and private and commercial sites.

Still hoping for improvements to more than just the facade.

Despite the website problems, the value of just one Barley Therapy session always exceeds the piddling $25 yearly dues.

Sooner or later the current crop of volunteers will be replaced and hopefully with people that like to solve problems, not maintain and perpetuate them.

mymindsok
    The site is working perfectly for me, as-is. Of course I'm using Opera but it's working for other people as well.!

Remember, youre going to have to sign in with your AH ID # and not all of the sites functions are up and running yet.

Give the web team some time. They're doing a good job despite the lousy wages.
    Last edited by mymindsok; 03-03-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Hmmmm. Let me see.

Nope. I get the same error.
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

Nope. I get the same error.
    ditto
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Quote Originally Posted by mymindsok View Post
    The site is working perfectly for me, as-is. Of course I'm using Opera but it's working for other people as well.!
    I suspect it might have something to do with not having a refresh or something like that with your browser...too many other people are having problems. I have emailed someone asking them the status...he posts here from time to time...I hope he'll pop in and update us.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

new kid
    Quote Originally Posted by doktortim View Post
    The webmaster has been quite the opposite. Send him an inquiry and not more than a few hours if not minutes he fixes the problem for you. I sure hope he doesn't get replaced for any reason. At least 3 times he has got me logged on when that system don't want to work which has been almost always over the last several years.
    that's who i keep emailing over the last couple weeks and have never heard back on what to do about logging in. i guess i'll keep trying. i assume i'm caught up in some kind of limbo during their changeover.

as of today I've been getting the same error listed above, site doesn't even open. but then again i'm on safari and for some reason they said it doesn't support safari, which is silly and needlessly complicating in this day and age.

oh well, not the end of my life, i'd just like access.

I can't seem to get anywhere with that site. I have an expired membership and decided to just hold off on renewing it until I see that things have gotten better.

Airheads

From David Cushing during PA Supertech weekend

I am doing a survey, on my own, to see what ABC members would like to see for a revamped website. The current website was started in the late 20th century and IÔÇÖd like to bring it into the 21st century.

To my knowledge, this has never been done before as the site was established by a couple of people when the club was formed. The software used to make the site was never updated (version 1.0 was used) and now the software is up to version 1.7. Many things were updated, corrected & changed with the later versions. The person responsible for the website did not do his volunteered duties and when he left, he sabotaged part of the program, thus the ongoing problems with the site today.

The club directors have hired an expert in the software used and he is in the process of making things right and updating the system. You can expect to see some results in the weeks/months to come.

In the meantime, I would like to gather your opinions as to what youÔÇÖd consider would be a great ABC website where you can find the information you need to answer your questions or to see what is happening in the ABC/airhead world.

dacush@ptd.net

Take a moment to think of what you want or have found elsewhere that impressed you. Thank you for your help in establishing the best site on the internet for airhead concerns.

David Cushing

ABC #7506

Deputy Membership Chair
    Tom
    '84 R100RT '04 CLC(gone) Honda NT700V
    BMW
    Beer Motorcycles Women

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mymindsok View Post
    Really? Are you sure you are not just seeing what is in your cache? Because the site is broken or down right now. Enter the url http://airheads.org/ into you browser and hit refresh...

Site response is exactly what MIAirhead reported:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRequest::getUInt() in /home/airheads/airheads.org/components/com_content/models/articles.php on line 70?
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

doktortim
    Yeah, I just got the error message. I see it as a good thing. Means someone is working on it.

Did anyone consider dumping the ancient program altogether and getting something up to date, rather then trying to force old standards to do current website design??

doktortim
    Quote Originally Posted by apt13 View Post
    that's who i keep emailing over the last couple weeks and have never heard back on what to do about logging in. i guess i'll keep trying. i assume i'm caught up in some kind of limbo during their changeover.

as of today I've been getting the same error listed above, site doesn't even open. but then again i'm on safari and for some reason they said it doesn't support safari, which is silly and needlessly complicating in this day and age.

oh well, not the end of my life, i'd just like access.
    The last time he fixed me was 6+ months ago. I don't know if the same goodfella is still there. But they are known to be doing something significant at the moment. I will check back near the end of the month when I get my RS out of storage, and see how they are coming along.