Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: scooter subforum!

"Little wheel" service

Hey.
    Got one of those "little wheeled" scooters?
    Live around Chicago?
    Need service?
    Here is a dealer in Downers Grove. I like the tech.
    Moto Guzzi too!

Quote Originally Posted by lkchris View Post
    Coolest thing about scooters always seems that you don't have to wear a very good helmet.

I guess scooters are magic and it doesn't hurt as much to fall off one.

And, will there be Akropovic exhaust?

The psychology involved is mind boggling.
    +1 and on an earlier note what about a BMW bicycle forum ?

I am also concerned about the new urban apparel line in all black. It looks very young and " cool " great for the " unseen target audience " but what about Hi Viz ? I remember the days in Europe where all the motorcyclist were clad in cool black and now must wear Hi Viz when BMW is finally making apparel they should have years ago.

As a sidebar I like BMW Scooters and I think they will become a culture than just a consumer choice. We could even see a Scooter Giant events at our rallies since the foundation of the GS Giant and now GT Giant are the same. Importantly rider education and events for all levels of ridership.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

No longer a member here
    Don't really know what to say...
    ....I am not opposed to considering the motorized-two-wheel segment that is currently represented by scooters part of the motorcycle community...
    ....I still cringe when one woman in our local club says she owns "two bikes" ( a Piaggio scooter and an 1100R) but I refrain from saying anything....
    ...Seriously, I don't feel challenged in my "masculinity" by scooters. I earned my motorcycle driver's license in Germany some 42 years ago on a 250cc Z??ndapp Bella scooter....
    .....we still always differentiated between Motorr?├▒dern and Motorrollern
    .....the shifting/control thing: Until my wife got an Audi with paddle shifters a la Formula 1, I never thought I would consider driving with my left foot with nothing to do exciting. I do know. I also rode the VFR1200 with the dual clutch and it is a hoot. Mind you, technically, it is NOT an automatic!
    ......I am really torn here....

Talk about a trip down memory lane...growing up, the big kids down the block had these.

Ran across this 1959 Cushman Eagle while in town today...the owner is from Maryland and staying in the State Park I assume

Pretty clean...other than no whitewalls...had some Michelins
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

a size comparison shot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait